Chapter 29: Who's Guilty?

As the sun started to peek out from behind the trees of Moonrise, four officers were being sent out to do their morning patrol. Aurey, Chad, Coe, and Sev had always started at the main gates and slowly made their way around all four sides of the walls, taking them about three and a half hours, three if they were lucky.

Aurey's face was sad, and her body was carelessly walking up ahead, Aurey's long red hair waving in the slight winds behind her. Chad noticed Aurey being upset, as he walked up beside her.

"Aurey, you okay?" Chad asked her. Aurey sighed and stopped.

"I... I don't get it..." Aurey stated, in which now Coe and Sev had joined the conversation.

"Get what?" Sev asked, and Aurey sighed.

"The traitor, the mole... How is someone capable of betraying everyone and everything that they promised to protect in the first place?" Aurey asked. Chad shook his head.

"Some people are just like that Aurey, sadly..." Chad admitted.

"I guess..." Aurey said, and for a while there wasn't a word said as they traveled around the first wall. Than, just like before, Aurey saddened.

"People are still blaming me, y'know..." Aurey said, not bothering to look back at them.

"We know, though they should have no right to." Coe stated. Aurey stopped and turned to them.

"Who do you think would be capable of such things?" Aurey asked.

"Me personally? Etho." Chad bluntly told them. Aurey looked him confused.

"Etho?" She asked as the four of them started walking again.

"Yep. He was the first person to blame someone in which that he had no proof of. Guilty as hell, I'd say!" Chad told her.

"Yeah, I guess Etho kinda did throw me under the bus early on... but... does that make him a traitor?" Aurey asked.

"No offense to them, I think it's one of the Hermitcrafter's." Sev said.

"Why them?" Chad asked.

"Well, they were taken by Dahrk and held in a cell for years. Who knows what either Herobrine or Dahrk has done to them." Sev said.

"Good point." Aurey said.

"How about you Coe?" Chad asked him. Only have they realized that Coe has been silent, Coe looking at them with a look of boardum.

"I don't think there is a mole, honestly." Coe stated. Aurey tilted her head in confusion.

"What?" She asked him.

"Dahrk likes getting in our heads. What better way of getting in someones head is telling them that a close worker and assailant is working for the other team." Coe said. Aurey sighed.

"That could also be true... Notch this is so stressful!" Aurey said. Coe looked off in the distance, his eyes fixated on the sunrise before they guided to something he heard around the corner of the next wall. He stopped his friends, taking out his sword as the others followed.

"There's someone around the corner..." Coe whispered, and they nodded. Coe started to move towards the noise. Suddenly a zombie jumped out from around the corner, forcing Coe to grip his sword with both hands. Coe slashed the undead creature across the stomach, the zombie dropping in an instant before it evaporated. Coe looked to the others.

"I'll go around... if I'm not back in twenty minutes, send one, the rest go back. You know the procedures." Coe ordered, and they nodded. Coe moved silently and slowly around the corner. Chad stood up front with Aurey behind him and Sev slightly behind her. The time ticked away like forgotten memories, the sun reaching the peek that you can now see it above Moonrise. Aurey, who had stood her position, shook her head.

"Something's wrong... stay here." She ordered as she started wondering towards the wall corner. As Aurey slowly walked arpund the stone structure her heeart pounded in her chest. Her posture was sloppy and her knees were quivering. She turned the corner to see Coe standing there, his weapon drawn but his body wasn't in a fighting stance.

Aurey was confused. If Coe had found an enimy, why wasn't he attacking him? And was he, talking? Aurey relaxed a bit and removed her one hand from the hilt. As she wondered up behind Coe, the man continued talking.

"...Says you... they probably already know..." Coe grumbled quitely.

"Coe...?" She asked. Coe's body stiffened as whoever he seemed to have been talking to disappeared. Coe slightly turned his head towards Aurey, relaxing seeing that it was her and not an eniny sneeking up behind him.

"Aurey... god you scared me." Coe said, his deep voice sounding more calm and relaxed than when she heard hin talking before.

"Sorry-" she looked behind him and saw no one there. "-Who were you talking to?" Aurey asked, and Coe looked to the shadows. He looked back at her.

"No one, Aurey. Just myself." Coe answered as he placed a hand on her back.

"Come on, let's return to base. It's about time we get some damn answers about what in the hell's been happening." Coe said, and Aurey nodded, the two meeting back up with Chad and Sev and traveling back into the HQ.
===============================

Dun dun dunnnnn! So! Sorry it's short... kinda... ran out of ideas for this chapter. But trust me, it'll get a lot more exciting from here on. Besides, I still have my third book, in which has a couple of guest characters:

Unidino29
Animalia493393
EvilSheep
Xenolis
megster_walsh

Now, I will need your character info as soon as possible, now that this book will be coming to an end shortly. The info you need to answer is on one of the previous chapters. Unfortunately, if the info is not given to me by September 26th, I will have to cut you from the book and find someone else. Thanks and have a great day!

Peace out Blazes!