Chapter 34: Intrusion

Beef was worried. With the commander out, and with most of his other magical friends with him, Beef was left all alone to defend the academy. He nervously rub the back of his hands whilst waiting on Guude to get back to them. Nebris watched the two pigmen children play with one another, Seros chasing Terioult in circles while each were laughing hysterically.

Nebris, with a smile on his face looked to the Commander in charge cool, the smile disappearing as he noticed that Beef seemed erratic, nervous even. The prince of the end let out a long and exhausted sigh, turning to the two children and breaking up their game as both noticed that their friend seems to be down on the dumps. Seros looked to Terioult, who seemed just as sad.

"Why he sad?" Terioult asked Nebris.

"I do not know... Come, shall we find out?" Nebris asked. The two children immediately then had smiles back on their faces, one running over to one side of the commander and the other running over to the other side. Nebris walked slowly up to him, Beef nervously watching him as he did so.

"Prince Nebris, what can I do for you?" Beef asked, his voice strained from all of the orders he had to have been taking lately. Nebris smiled warmly at him.

"You do not have to do everything by yourself, my friend." Nebris told him, which shocked Beef.

"What?" Beef asked.

"You do not notice yourself shaking like a dog during a thunderstorm, or a fish realizing that they are the cats next meal." Nebris explained, and Beef looked down.

"I've noticed, yoye highness... i just wish no one else did." Beef admitted.

"Tell me, Daniel. What is troubling you so?" Nebris asked. At first, Beef wad silent. Then, the young man exhaled as he let his arms drop to the side.

"I am nervous... That is all." Beef lied. Nebris didn't break his gaze.

"...Nervous... That if Commander Guude is gone for to long, I might make a mistake that will cost us our chance in winning this war." Beef confessed, which made Nebris sigh.

"Beef, I trust you will make no such decision." Nebris told him.

"What if I do? What if the Commander takes away my badge, or strips me of my freedom?! What if he exiles me for making the wrong choice?" Beef overexaggerated, and Nebris rolled his eyes.