Chapter Thirty-One

I let a furious growl loose. "SPIRIT DRAGON TAKE-OVER!" I allowed my form to change as I flew right at my ship. "You brats better not be running away with my ship!"

"She's coming Master! We should be ready. She looks pissed off," I heard Gray yell out.

"Damn right I'm pissed off," I yell when I got to them. "No one takes my ship behind my back. SPIRIT MIST!"

When I landed on the deck, a bright blue fog erupted around me. One by one a few of them fell to the floor, asleep. I give a dark smile as I realize that if I knock them all out, then I win the battle. I walk around the ship and allowed my Spirit Mist spread over the whole ship. As I went, I check off the wizards in my head.

Needless to say, I was curious where Laxus, Cobra and Mira were. I went over it several times, but still didn't see them. 'Where did they go? Come on Snake, I know at least you will hear me. Come out now.'

Right then lightning struck me, and I held back a scream of pain. Not given a chance to think or recover, claws were slashed across my back and then I was flying back from a powerful shot. 'It was a damn sneak attack. Smart.'

"But if that's all it took, then I would be a pathetic dragon." As the dust cleared from the attacks, I was standing tall in front of the three of them. "SPIRIT DRAGON ROAR!" I had absorbed just enough magic to make that powerful attack. When I stop to inspect the damage, the three of them weren't there, but Erza was.

"REQUIP!" Her armor changed to her Heaven's Wheel. I grin as I heard the others surround me.

"I thought I knocked you all out already," I said with a smirk. "Perhaps that wasn't enough. SPIRIT-" I was cut off by the feeling of electricity flowing through me. Then I caught my breath. "What the hell was that?"

"Great job Meridy," Jellal yelled. "Everyone, strike now!"

Multiple shots were fired, but at Natsu. It soon dawns on me what happened. 'Meridy's link bracelet?!' I ran to absorb the attacks, but was too late. Pain rippled through me from Natsu. I collapse to the ground and tried to catch my breath before sending a final attack.

"SPIRIT DRAGON ERUPTION!"

The water around the ship shot up into the air as I took flight well above the ship. I held my hands above my head and allowed the water to gather in my hands and made it rain down over everyone.

"SPIRIT MIST! CELESTIAL RAIN!"

I was almost drain from the attack, and the link bracelet wasn't much of a fill. I went back to my human form with my wings still open and holding me in the air. When my mist cleared I saw everyone standing unfazed, and I knew the outcome of this battle.

Sighing in exhaustion then breaking into a light laugh and landed back on the deck, still laughing. I heard them asking Meridy if she could remove the link, but she insists that me laughing is not because of her.

I settle down enough to talk halfway decently and flew up to stand by Mokorov by the wheel. "I am reluctant, but proud to admit my defeat. Please understand, I'm surrendering because you've proved yourselves in this fight. Although, my goal was to win, but I know how likely that would be. To do it in a decent time frame, I would end up killing everyone."

"So, we win the fight," Natsu asked skeptically.

"Natsu," Gildarts called. "Remember when you fought me in the S-class trials? What did I tell you?" The dragon slayer gave a nod in understanding.

"Yes," I said. "You win the fight. I just request that we wait until we are back home before I uphold my end of the deal. I just didn't expect to be owing a whole two guilds plus two other dragon slayers."