The Perfect Dance Partner

Cori

It was two weeks since I and Alice tried out four Volleyball. We were about to look at the paper that would tell us if we made it.

We both did. At that, we jumped and high fived in the air. Doing a little dance. speaking of the dance. It is now Octobre Soon to be Halloween. We will be having a Halloween dance and I'm excited. 

We had to dare Felice to ask Felix out and we even made a contract where she signed it and all three of us slapped on it too. Basically, we slapped ourselves as to secure the contract. It's a sacred thing, so we can't break it. It also hurts reminding us that the pain is not worth breaking the contract. We went really deep into this.

We also slapped on the part that if Felix and Felice do go on the dance then we have to have dance partners ourselves so we won't be lonely. I said if anyone I know asked me I would say yes. Now I'm trying to escape that possibility, I was caught in the moment when I said that.

When I and my best friend were walking down the hallway Julian came rushing into me. " Hey, redhead. Wanna join me to the dance?" This is what I was afraid of. Alice was there smiling like an idiot not wanting to help me. Why did I slap on it?!

" O-Ok." He wasn't surprised at all. It's like he knew I wouldn't be able to say no, but the deed was done. He walked away to the next class. Sadly I shared that next class with him. 

That wasn't fun since he was yet again toying with my hair. What was it with him and my hair?

Lunch came shortly after that and I was sitting beside my besties eating an egg sandwich. Damon approached our table. "So, Cori. I heard you were going to the dance with Julian?" How did it spread so quickly? The gossipers in this school are just out of any others schools league. 

"Ya, I am. Why"

"Oh, nothing." Something flashed across his eyes for just a second. WAs it sadness? Then he turned around to face Alice. " Would you like to go to the dance with me?" Her eyes widened. But you could tell she was a little happy. 

Alice gulped the salad that she had in her mouth. "I would love to."

"Sweet! So uh, see you around." I guess me and Alice got a date before Felice and she was the first who mentioned the idea. 

This should be fun.