Unexpected Call

Cori

When Alice told Damon that their breaking up his expression was worth seeing. He definitely didn't see it coming. Damon thought that he'll get what he wanted, and at one point that of course happened, but before he could ever get the satisfaction of seeing it. Someday we will all laugh at this, maybe even Damon. Even though he is an ass he still is smart and has the looks so who knows, maybe he will be a millionaire or something. It's not like this will leave a huge mark on all of our lives.

After that whole thing, Damon hasn't really talked to all of us, and I'm happy about that. The only thing I don't understand is why he isn't? Damon never found out about all of us knowing so wouldn't he just try to go back to being good friends with everyone? Or he just doesn't like any of us. That will be a mystery we for sure would not find out anytime soon.

Now we are just doing things we did every day like nothing crazy-like happened. Only now, of course, our group went through some changes, there were new recruits like the three siblings. Eliza, Bill, and Will. Every now and then we all hang out in or outside of school. The girls have really liked spending time with Eliza she can put a smile on anybody's face. The twins are getting along with Felix pretty well too. I never imagined Bill to be so good at sports. Speaking of Bill, Alice and him are getting really close too, which is making me question things, especially when he was supposed to be that one guy who would comfort her just like Damon did years back. I don't ask anything though, I know that even though Alice did recover surprisingly quickly she is still bothered by it so it's better to wait. 

Just as I said there were new recruits, there were also losses. In the middle of things, Julian had to leave to L.A. I never really got to find out why his parents wanted him to go back. I just wish it wasn't forever, or at least that's what I think. There might be a chance of him coming back but then again he wouldn't if he said to just be friends unless he had second thoughts about our relationship. Days pass and I can't forget about Julian, maybe I should call him, but I just don't want to be a bother.

I could tell him that the main problem is gone. Speaking of that, I had to meet the gang at the siblings' house today. We all felt like celebrating the whole thing so the siblings thought to have a party all together at their house. With a sleepover to finish things off. It was the start of the spring break anyway so there were no second thoughts. 

After packing everything I would need, I got ready and headed out. The house wasn't too far away so getting there was easy. When I ringed the bell and the door to the house was opened I was greeted with a pillow to he face and three teenagers laughing at me. Alice falling down on the floor and filling the house with laughter. Eliza leaning against the wall holding her stomach and giggling, and Will who was holding a pillow chuckling.

"Seriously! That's how you welcome guests?" 

"It was funny," said Alice slowly rising up from the floor. I noticed Bill sitting on the couch who was smirking.

"Is Felix and Felice not here yet?"

"Yeah. They texted said they will be a bit late so we can choose a movie to watch while we wait for them."

"Oooh, can we watch 'The Cursed' I love the romance between Nora and Chriss!" Eliza exclaimed. I was actually fond of the movie myself, the book was the best though but I'm quite surprised they didn't change the whole plot of the book when recreating it into the movie. Well some of it anyway, there were some scenes I just couldn't resist judging. Like the training scene between the two, it was something extraordinary. the details were amazing and the moment made me feel alive. In the movie, it was just so fake.

"No, let's watch a horror movie!" Will suggested.

"How about mystery?" said Bill looking through his phone. Alice nodded in agreement.

After suggesting millions of movies we came to two choices. The 'Thirty Nightmares' or 'The Lake' both horror movies but the second choice was more of a mystery so we all settled for that one. I wasn't a fan of horror so the second choice was the best one for me. Somewhere along the argument, Felice joined with Felix after we all found out that their car broke down but they said it wasn't a big problem. 

We all settled down, with Alice on the couch with Bill and Eliza, Felix and Felice sharing a sofa and me with Will on the floor. We got lucky to get the comfortable big pillow and a lot of blankets. It was pretty cold. In the middle of the movie, Bill brought in snacks and we were all started nibbling on them. I noticed that Alice started moving closer to Bill when it was getting close to the creepy parts. At one point he hugged her. 

It's now a thing in my head. The ship needs to sale. 

In my pocket, I felt my phone vibrate. I was getting a call. I excused myself from the living room and went into the kitchen where it was nice and quiet. I looked at who was calling, I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Hello..." My voice shook. 

"Cori."

"Idiot, what took you so long to call me?"

"Sorry I was busy for the month, and I only finished buying tickets." What? What tickets. "My parents needed me to be there when they were applying for their new job. I had to stay with them for two months, this is our second and since you guys are on a break I thought maybe you can all visit L.A with me?" I was never this happy.

"Who exactly are you talking about?"

"You and the gang, plus the siblings they helped with Damon. By the way about-"

"It's all good! We figured out the whole thing with Damon! So you-you are coming back?!"

"I'm happy, and yes, yes I am coming back. I missed you sunshine."

"I missed you too Julian."

And we ended the call.