The Cone Of Shame

Cori

The front door closed as Keith stepped inside all happy looking. I bet enjoyed spending time with that girl. I'm going to get to the bottom of this. " So Keith. How was your day with 'Frank'?" I made the Frank part extra loud and put some enthusiasm to see if Keith will get the message.

" Oh, it was cool." He lied so calmly it's like it wasn't his first time, Maybe it wasn't.

" Drop the dumb act I saw you were with that blond haired chick. Now spit it, Who is the victim to you?"

" Alright, alright I get it. She-she is my-my girlfriend." I softened my look. I was happy for him, my no good brother was successful in the romance department.

" Finally! For how long were you two dating."

His cheeks gave out a little blush. " About... one year now." That was a betrayal.

"WHAT! You were at it for this long and you wouldn't tell me!" I got really mad. I'm his sister he is supposed to tell me that stuff. " You know what! I want to meet her." At that, he got concerned about.

" Why?"

" I need to know who you're dating so I can see for myself if it's a good match."

" Well, I guess fine. will tomorrow satisfy you?" I didn't answer for one minute or two, just to create some suspense in the room. He deserved to wait.

" Ok, that will satisfy me plenty. Unless you don't give me that cupcake of yours." A smirk escaped my lips.

" FINE! I'll give you my cupcake! Now go to bed It's late for you anyway." Giggling I started to go upstairs to get ready for bed.

Today is the day! I'm super excited to meet my brother's girlfriend. I go downstairs to wait and I notice Keith sitting on the couch. He was very nervous. He turned around to look at me, I gave him my encouraging smile. He smiled back at me right when the doorbell rang. Standing up from the couch as fast as a lightning he rushed to the door opening it. A blond blue-eyed girl jumped on top of him landing a huge kiss on the cheek.

She quickly stopped and looked in my direction giving me the brightest smile ever. " Hello! My name is Susan but people call me Susy. I'm really happy to finally meet you! Your brother talks non stop about you!"

Raising my eyebrow I look at Keith, " Well I sure hope he talks good about me."

" Oh, no need to worry he does!"

It was fun being around Susan. She was this happy cheerful girl, and very pretty. We talked for a while until I got a text from Alice.

Alice- Cori! My dog got cut at the groomers! Please come.

Cori- I'm on my way.

" Well sorry I couldn't stay, I have to go somewhere. Susan, you're amazing, perfect for my brother." Then I left in a hurry to catch the bus that would bring me to Alice's home.

I got there as fast as my leggs could take me after I departed from the bus and ran to her house. When I was there I got greeted by four dogs including Maddie. All jumping, licking, and not letting me get through. Maddie had the cone around her head, for the safety so she wouldn't bite at her stitched paw.

Soon after the dogs, I was greeted by Alice her self. " Hey, How is Maddie?"

" Well by the looks of things she looks too good for an injured puppy, especially since she's wearing the cone of shame." We both laughed at that one and headed to her basement to just chill out for a couple of minutes since I had to be home early.

That gave me the perfect time to tell her about my brothers 'new' girlfriend.

Sadly I had to leave at the end of my story. It was getting late. Plus I had to catch my bus that would take me home. We said our goodbyes and I left for the bus.

Waiting for about five minutes the bus came and I stepped inside. Right after I took my seat a guy came up to me and sat beside me. Why me! There are other empty seats, go sit there.

" Hello there." Why did he start talking!

" Um hi."

" Is this seat taken?" Uh ya, it is. BY YOU!

" Well yes, your sitting right here."

" Ok thank you."

" You know you're a weird one."

" I get that a lot, my name is Nathen." It all escalated too quickly, but I took his hand that he reached out to me and shook it. You have to be polite, right?

" Mine is Cori."