A Night I'll Never Forget

Cori

What a fine Saturday morning to spend some time with friends!

Having a hot chocolate in hand and getting a full hand of a proper winter I am sitting with my friends at my place talking about life while two twins are spying Damon and sending texts to me as they go. When I get any of them I immediately tell Eliza in secret while the other two girls don't notice. Speaking of the other two, Alice is trying to make Felice spill out everything she and Felix did when he came over to meet her parents. Now I realize that I should tell Felice about Damon. Since Julian is not here anymore and the jerk doesn't know that I know I don't see any danger in telling my friend. That way she can help out, and Felix too I'm guessing.

"Come on Felice just tell us! We are all dying to hear, not just Alice!" Eliza bursts out. She is the loudest and brightest person I ever met. Her stile was so colorful and dare I say it pretty weird. It looks cute on her actually.

After moments of hesitation and unbearable demanding, we finally broke Felice's shell and she told us the juicy info.

"Fine! I will tell. It was the first ever time I saw Felix so tense, so stiff and nervous. As you all know my parents are not the strict type, especially when it comes to my friends or love interests. I couldn't keep a straight face for a minute when I see that he is getting all worked up over nothing." She gave out a small giggle.

"Poor guy," commented Alice after laughing. Giving Felice a gesture to continue her brilliant story.

"After some time over the dinner table, of course, he let go of the thought of my parents being the overprotective bunch, at least that included only my mother anyway. He kept gazing in the direction of my dad for any signs of disturbance when he himself talked or we talked about him and his future." I was concerned at one point when she spoke, but I got on quickly when I thought about how most dads hate their daughter's boyfriends. I never really understood that. Maybe they don't like the fact that there is another alfa male in their little angels' life. So far that is only in movies.  I myself never experienced such troublesome situations so who am I to get a word in this. 

Julian flashed in my mind for a second or two. My stomach started to turn with an unpleasant like feeling. Stop thinking about it, that is the past!

"That is really there is to tell. After we finished the dinner Felix felt more relaxed and comfortable. How do I know? Because he and my dad started playing hockey on the console without a worry in a world. Like how long can you stare at a screen?" 

"Hey video games ain't that bad," I protested.

"Whatever."

"So Alice, I was interested in your relationship. Who are you dating?" I glanced in Eliza's direction and gave her a confused look. A grin spread across her face as I got the message. She may not look like it but she got some real brain sells, why did I never think of it? What a better way to find out how Alice is really attached to Damon but by directly asking about it, and since we have one 'clueless' Eliza this was perfect.

Acting like I wasn't planning anything along the lines of ruining Alice's relationship with Damon I waited for the answer.

She was startled a bit by the question but then started to speak while fidgeting with the edge of her shirt. "Well, I'm dating a guy named Damon..."

"What exactly do you like about him?" I nudged her to the edge of the cliff.

"I...gues he is nice... and..." perfect, she isn't sure herself what exactly she likes about him. " He looks very good." Her face brightened up a bit.

"So the only thing you like about him is his looks?" Nice one Eliza! We were really gaining up on her.

"I am actually curious myself, to me, it seems like you got mainly attracted to him because he confronted you back then, in grade eight." This time Felice spoke, she had no idea of what was happening and she is already helping.

"I-- maybe..."

Time to bring out the big guns and make the final blow, "so you're saying that you're not actually into him and it was just the heat of the moment?"

She started to panic and when I mean panic I'm not talking about the type like on some kind of test. It was the type of panic that meant 'oh shit! I made a huge mistake,' the exact realization from her we needed. "I-- I guess you're right... oh, my god, this was a huge mistake."

DEFEATED! That's it, she fell down the cliff, she realized, she got traped, she faced the real deal, she was defeated. There was no going back now. Her eyes started to tear as the room filled with multiple of sad awws and Alice's quiet sobbing. 

We all sprinted, rushed to her aid and gave her a tight group hug indicating that friends even though being the cause of a painful truth are always there for each other no matter the cause.

That is the definition of true friendship. Only now I realize that I'm not alone anymore. That realization made my eyes sting as I allowed myself to cry.