Game of Frustration and Mystery

Alice

What was he doing here?

It wasn't the right time. Especially not in front of Damon. He might think something wrong.

"Alice. I want to talk to you...in private." His eyes were pleading.

Cori pushed me towards him and I stumbled but managed to hold my balance. I furiously turn around giving her the 'what the heck' look.

She just shrugged and gave me a thumbs up. Ugh, that girl is so clueless, she never gets small hints. Ever!

Rolling my eyes I start to approach Nathen with caution almost like approaching a baby that would burst out in tears if you made a sound. Heck, even a breath.

I followed him into a more 'less cramped' area of the pool and he opened his mouth to talk.

"Please consider this just as deep as I did. After our encounter, I didn't know what to do. It's like I was tortured from inside. Please, I'm begging you give me another chance."

This was getting out of control. I didn't realize his feelings were so deep that it made such a huge impact. Only I'm not going to back down. I feel nothing towards him. Probably never will.

Poor guy. Now I know how it feels to be in a one-sided love triangle. Or square counting my lucky friend who is always so clueless.

"I'm sorry but I do not feel anything for you. Never will. We already had this talk, this is never going to work out."

He tensed after those words escaped my mouth. He was starting to get on my nerves a little.

"I never stood a chance did I?!" He was starting to raise his voice. I wasn't too fond of that.

"That's the sad part, you did once." Then I left. There was nothing else to say.

After all, it was true. If he didn't make that one simple mistake we could have been something more. Something extraordinary, but the past cannot be altered. Not only is it sad for him but unfortunately for me too.

It will always be a one-sided, never-ending, torturing system.

I didn't feel like having fun at the moment, but what could I do? It was a special day for Felice. I'm not gonna ruin it with my love problems.

Lucky for us Cori found a beach ball. My face lightened up with happiness trying to hide the hurt from the last thoughts I had. I tried running towards her but I was slowed down by the water. 

We all stood in formation for the game. Two teams of three with Felice, Julian, and Felix on one team. Me, Cori, and Damon on the other. My friend and I are so ready to crush them! We get super competitive and will not back down without a fight. If we do, then we got to take defeat like true strong-minded, independent, courageous women who may have lost but took it as they have won. So people will say I wish I would be like them.

At least that's what we try to do but me and her both hate losing. Especially against people we like, dislike, strongly dislike and wish that the person would die. Those are the people who should run away if they see us around because one look in our direction would obliterate you into millions of peases that would then be thrown in the trash can of sour losers and past enemies.

Then again Cori is the one who gets all of the attention stuck to her. I try going for a more soundless sneaky death.

I'm not a fan of attention.

Cori was extra excited on beating Julian. She got a target and she will pounce on it at any moment. That's what she always does. Damon felt bloodthirsty for Julian too. Probably because Julian is standing in his way of getting Cori. Whatever, (even if that thought does bother me.)

I was ok with losing to Julian or Felix since Julian was a tough cookie in sports and Felix is on the volleyball team, but Felice was not a losing option. That's why I'm determined to win!

Felix sets the ball and we are starting the game of frustration and mystery.