Shopping!

Cori

After getting to the mall with the gang everyone wandered off and I was left all alone. Alice dragged Felice to the 'Beach Hut' because she apparently needed somebodies opinion on the swimsuit she will wear once in L.A  and then forget about it after buying another one that 'looks better'. Then the cycle continues.    

The guys didn't bother to discuss the store they went to. They just headed the same direction. I don't have any guesses where they went but I don't care. Eliza dashed towards the food court, she was talking about how hungry she was on the way to the mall.

I departed from the entrance to the east side of the mall where the greatest store that was filled with goodies stood right before me. The paradise of books. Fictional, romance, horror, humor, sci-fi, paranormal and more. It was all there. From big thick books to tiny thin ones, from hardcover to a soft cover. sectioned by all different genres and ages, and the smell, oh the smell was divine! Each and every book has a smell and a name with their own unique story, and the best part is that they never end. Every year thousands of books get published, every story with their own beginnings and endings, plot twists out of nowhere and nerve-wracking cliffhangers. It all makes the world seem beautiful even when it's not.

I ran out of reading material for quite some time and my hands where itching to go to one of the bookshops. I of course never had the time since all of the drama never really left, and it probably never will.

I scan the different shelves that were each sectioned according to the genre, age, and trending. There were several tables with books that were published this year but I never go for those unless they are recommended in social media, are a part of my fandom, or become at least one year old. A lot of people like buying new releases right when they get released. It all starts to get messy which may lead to damaging the book or yourself, either fiscally or emotionally.

I spent half an hour looking through different places until stopping at some parts of the store. While leaving the Teens Fiction section my eyes rested on a book with a beautiful cover. There was a woman in the middle, warring all white as if she was an angel. And I think she was. The only different colors visible where bright red roses with thorns on the bottom of the cover and the woman's hair. It was a dark brown color woven into a braid that circled around her head with roses coming out of it all. Only dark green, needle like thorns pocking out. The title read 'Hours'. Turning the book around I read the description. It was a part of a series made up of three books currently. The author Evangeline Penelope was currently writing the last book that would be coming out who knows when. I thought the book was interesting so I placed it on top of my other piles of books.

Looking around the place I was thinking about leaving and maybe grabbing a cup of tea and donuts in the food court. I was pretty sure that Eliza was still there and the others would of joined her real soon. Besides I got five new books to read so that would be enough, I'm not made out of money and I already lost two and a half hours.

I headed off to pay for the treasures and placed all five thick books on the counter. The cashier gave me a weird kind of look but didn't say anything as she checked them all out and placed them into two bags. Paying for them all I take the bags and leave the store.

I start to go the direction where the food court was and spotted Felice and Alice coming out of a small shop. I could barely see their hands with all of the bags from different shops overflowing them. I walk up towards them.

"Hey guys, are you done shopping?" I look towards the bags and back at my two friends. Felice nodded in return and Alice thought more about it before saying yes. "Let's go find the others, and maybe stop at a cafe for a small lunch?"

"Sounds good to me, I'm starving," Felice commented.

"Same. Have you gotten everything you needed Cori?"

I look at my bags with books and say. "Ya, I think I am."

"Ok then, you sure that's the only things you'll need for L.A?"

"Positive and if not then I can always go ask you for a swimsuit I'm sure you can share."

We were now on the move walking and discussing things we bought.

"Should we call the guys to meet at the food court?" Felice questions

"I think we should," Alice fished her phone out of her pocket and called Will. Why Will of all people? I thought it would be Bill or Felix, there's something fishy going on here. I never questioned her because it was not my business. At some point, I, of course, would, but not today. I don't feel like starting anything.

It wasn't a too long of a walk so nothing dramatic or crazy like happened, luckily. Somehow I always get into these type of situations, like when I was seven I flooded the toilet and didn't know what to do so I tried reaching down to unclug it. My brother came in right when I was doing it. I'm leaving the rest to your imaginations.

When we came to the food court and met everyone there we got food and drinks. After eating we called it a day.