Some Things Just Never Change

Cori

As soon as I saw them, I immediately took action sprinting to hug the only friends since two years ago. Grabbing the girl that called out to me I pulled her into a tight breathless hug. She did the exact same. Another figure, much smaller this time charged right at us creating a group hug.

" CORI! It's bin like forever! How are you?" That was Alice Cooper. Much taller than I remembered, about four inches than me with brownish gold hair and grayish blue eyes.

" I know it was! I missed you two so much!"

" We missed you very much too!" That squeaky voice came from my other reckless friend Felice Andrews. With light brown hair and big chocolaty eyes behind thick framed glasses. She was as small as ever.

We had another group hug and laughed off our excitement as I felt another person stop behind me. " Ooh Cori, is that your boyfriend?" Both girls said in unison giggling. I swear they will never change. They were referring to the smirking, idiotic Julian.

" WHAT! No it's not like that!" It was too easy to read the amusement on his face.

" Alright sure, we get it- OH MY GOSH!" Alice blanked out for a second until she ran towards a group of people and pulled a tall guy from the crowd. I couldn't quite recognize him until Alice pushed him right in front of me.

" It's bin quite a while, Damon." After the words escaped my mouth he just wrapped his arms around me with a shocked face. That was the last thing I would expect him of all people to do.

I swear I saw something pass through Julian's face, but it was so fast I couldn't get it. Damon pulled away. " You got shorter." Those words irritated me, ever since grade six I was picking on him that I was taller until he started growing and annoying me about it. Karma is a bitch.

" Hey! Unfair." OK, no one changed. At all. We just stared at each other until our whole group laughed.

" Same old, Same old, huh Cori Palmer?"

" Yup! Some things just never change!" That was probably my brightest smile yet.

" Ughm..." I almost forgot that Julian was right behind us, clearly running out of patience.

" Oh! This is Julian, NOT my boyfriend," I gave a look to my two best friends. " He was there to annoy me for the two years."

" Ah aren't you smooth at introducing." Said Julian to me but looked at Damon. The other boy held his gaze like playing an intense staring game.

" How about all five of us hang out and have some fun!" Felice broke the awkward silence. We all gladly accepted and went on the first ride we saw. It was a big roller coaster with countless of loops, scary falls and unbelievable heights. Oh boy, this should be fun.

The day was near to an end, so we all said our goodbyes and went our separate ways leaving me and Julian all alone. " You know, that was the first time I ever saw you having fun. Heck the first time you actually smiled."

" R-really? I never really realized." He stared at me firmly making my body stiffen.

" Look at you getting all friendly with me, that's not the Cori I remember. What happened when you had to move and go to this school? I want to know." After he said that, I felt a weird feeling in my stomach.

" Well I though if I would make friends here I will forget my old ones. I didn't want that so I didn't react to other people." That was it. He was the first person I confronted it to.

By the time we got to the bus we were quiet, I couldn't stop thinking about what he though. That I am week or pathetic. I guess it's just going to stay like that between us after all.