Chapter One

The fact that I had to come back to my old school again was a rude shock. I left this place because it had to be done. I could not bear with the hate I received back then. True enough, I was tan, so brown as burnt toast. Plus the pimple marks that covered my cheeks made me look like a chocolate chip cookie.

I was not a native. That was obvious to anyone. But did that furnish enough reasons for people to hate me? I felt clumsy already. Seoul was a different new universe and I could assure that it was not the one you see in the K-Dramas. Living the real life could suck the life of any person. Seoul bore no difference.

I took my seat on the bus. It was too early for any normal person to arrive at school but I was way out of that normal sequence. I felt that it was good to be prepared for any misfortune that was about to fall on my head. It is good to analyse each and everything, specially the escape routes and where the Principal’s office was.

I pulled my skirt down. Why did they have skirts like this was a prolonged rhetorical question to me. I was never used to wear skirts this short. Back in my country, we wore frocks that had to be longer than the knee length. But this is not Sri Lanka's Colombo anymore, but Seoul.

It was not a new thing for the girls here, but it provided me ample discomfort as a part of my tan thighs were exposed. My best friend advised me to apply some make-up, but I was too lazy to do that. Personally, I believed that what matters is the inner qualities, not the outward appearance.

Well, that opinion was not a popular one here. After all, even if I wanted to apply make-up, it would mean that I would have to wake up early. That would not happen. I needed to sleep!

After a short while, I arrived at my old school. I got off the bus and walked down the old path. There was not a soul in the premises. I scouted around. The old escape routes were still available; it was just that the Principal’s office had been moved to the next building.

When I passed my old classroom, my heart flinched. No juniors were around, so I felt that it was safe to have a peek. My desk was still there, four desks behind mine was his desk. I did not want to think about him. He was the reason I left this place altogether, fabricating excuses somehow. I sat in his seat. I wondered how it had been for him to see me from this angle. After all, I hoped that he had left the school too. He was not that earnest about academics.

“Waah, this is a difficult angle,” I muttered to myself. Despite that he had focused on me.

Amazing!

I left the place and went to the premises again. It was too early still. I sat on a bench and pulled on the jacket over and covered my head and was mindful to keep my bag covering my legs. I pulled out my earphones and placed them in my ears, hoping that I would be able to have a nice nap at school.

“Yah, move out.”

I did not care. This must be a dream. There can be no way for me to hear his voice again.

Someone shook me by my shoulder.

“Yah! Who allowed you to take my place?”
I opened my eyes slightly. Damn, it was indeed him! I covered my face at my best.

“I’m sorry. I will get moving,” I bowed and turned to make myself scarce.

“That is pleasant to hear,” he paused. “But wait... have we met before?” He asked.

“Never in this life,” I replied.

I had a new life. Not the old one.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N:

Was this too long?

Lemme know in the comments what you think about this.

It feels weird already to feel that I really published this. 😂😂😂😂

All the comments are welcome. 😇

Love you all. 😘

#LoveYourself #LoveMyself
#ThisIsOurForever