Chapter Twenty One

I looked behind me.

There was Jeon Jungkook at the next table.

I was done.

“What is that you wanna know? I do biology, you know.” Kookie asked.

“Nothing, I was just curious.. there was a boy the other day saying that he was.... well... um-- a virgin, but who knows? So I thought of doing some research.”

Kookie got his plate and sat next to me.

“I will answer that according to what I know, read and heard. I am gonna be professional, so no laughing will be tolerated.”

Kookie said as he put on a passive face.

A passive bunny.

Haha! The face itself was funny! But I suppressed my smile.

He was gonna answer me.

“First of all Kristene,” Kookie waved his chopsticks in air. “You cannot actually say whether a guy is a virgin or not from his appearance. There is no indication as such. So you need to observe well."

He continued.

"For starters, his fashion sense won’t make sense to you because he doesn’t dress to impress anyone. His work looks sloppy, but if he is a guy with a tough personality, he’d not show that as he will pretend that he is tough.”

Kookie took a bit of his food from his chopsticks and swallowed it.

“Next is the physical interactions; his desires are not modulated, so it’s irregular. Let’s just simply say that he does not know the know-how of things. He hugs you awkwardly, kisses you even more awkwardly and behaves in a bit flustered way in front of you as he hasn’t had any experience before.”

Yoongi was cool and annoying around me. I haven't had physical contact with him, so I didn't know some features.

I did not even plan of having physical contact with him.

I nodded as I absorbed his points.

“You will see a grade 5 boy when you see him. That is one of my observations.”

Grade 05? No, Min Yoongi suited the kindergarten when he was trying to be cute.

When he was being a pervert, he didn't suit to be in any grade or even to be in a university.

“Waah, thanks a lot Kookie.”

“Who was this guy you were talking about?”

I didn’t answer immediately, but said, “Min Yoongi.”

Kookie just thought for a moment and gave a weird, “aaah...”

Why did he sound disappointed?

“He has been acting weird lately. I have noticed that. He always looks forward to the literature period- I heard from Namjoon that his eyes are always following the hands of the clock every 10 minutes when he is in his class.”

“Our class clock is broken anyway- I cannot relate.”

“Min Yoongi hated wearing the tie. He came to school without that all these years. But today, when I went to the washroom, Min Yoongi was in front of the mirror, desperately trying to get the knot done. He doesn’t know how to tie it, so I helped and taught him. Now he is quite a pro.”

Kookie chuckled.

... Now that was the reason. Yoongi was wearing a tie today!

“By the way, our Night Camp happens on this 31st. Will you be able to make it?”

I hesitated a bit but I was so excited.

"Yoongi will be coming. He is actually in the society." 

He spoke as if he saw my reluctance.

Kookie sounded so far away and cold at once.

Why?

“I don't care about him but I’d love to join you! Count me in!!”

I just loved star gazing. It made me feel calm and happy.

“The seniors will be with us, so you won’t be in the juniors’ groups. But you might have to run errands.”

“That is totally fine, Kookie. I will join!”

What could be more enticing than a free night camp?

Jungkook was giving his precious bunny smile at my excitement.

“Fill this form and give that to me. Since you will be working with us, this event is free of charge for you,” he said as he kept a form on my bag.

He was done with his lunch and got up to go. I thanked him for the insight he provided me on the subject.

Ryan and Sia returned in the meanwhile. Ryan had his arm around Sia’s shoulders and he was leaning into her for support.

I guessed that my question had flustered him oh-so-too-much.

“I am sorry Ryan,” I apologised.

“That was nothing, I just couldn’t believe that you chose to ask that during the interval!” Ryan scolded.

“My bad, I’m so sorry....”

“That is nothing Kristene. This doofus never learnt to eat half of the salad leaf first, so now he knows what happens when he tries to eat the whole leaf,” Sia said.

It was fun to be with a couple like them.

They matched each other perfectly.

Sia met Ryan.

Whom would my destiny hold for me?

Could it be ... ?

No. I didn't know.

I just didn't know exactly.