Chapter Thirty

We got down at Daegu and when we were walking along the pavement, Yoongi extended his hand towards me.

I thought that he was offering to carry my bag and exchange Holly, so I draped the strap of my bag around his arm.

“Are you really dumb or what?”

“Why?”

Didn’t he ask for the bag?

“When your date holds out his hand for you, it means that he is expecting you to give him your hand.”

“Ahhh... I see. Sorry.”

“Now take this bag and give me your hand. I will hold Holly.”

Since it was the end of autumn, the sky was clear and the roadside was so colourful due to the different shades that the trees were adorned with. Personally I preferred autumn as a season, simply because most important things tended to happen in autumn. For an example, I was born and Yoongi confessed to me. Plus, I had my first date.

On our way to his home, we passed a small park. Kids were playing there, some were yelling, some were going on monkey bars.

I told Yoongi that it would be better to take Holly for a walk around the park. The puppy was on Yoongi’s lap throughout the bus irde, and may be puppies got bored too.

The kids were minding their own business and it was quite awkward for us to be in the park.

Usually couples visited the park in the evening, but here we were, just after the sun resumed his trip over Daegu.

Well, still we were not a couple anyway, so I just hushed my thoughts.

When we walked the first round, there was an old couple on a wooden bench. Both of them looked at least above 65. I could understand the whole situation. Though we grew old in appearance, it happened only due to the spending of calendar dates on earth. Our hearts never grow old. Love never gets tired or gets lost even when you are so frail and close to death.

The grandma was saying something to her husband and he smiled. Though they were old, they still were there for each other and loved each other. That was my type of Forever.

On the second round, the grandpa asked us to wait for a moment. Yoongi actually did not see him beckoning us to come over because all he concentrated on was me. He was too weird.

I dragged Yoongi with me and greeted the old couple.

They greeted back and smiled at us warmly.

“Don’t they remind of us, Mr. Lee?” The granny asked from grandpa.

“Ay, they do. Remember when we brought Roger to park and walked him rounds?”

“The youthful days...” Mrs. Lee smiled.

“Roger was a toy poodle too. Just like yours. What is his name?” Mr. Lee asked.

“It is Min Holly.” Yoongi replied.

“And you are ... ?”

“I am Yoongi and this is Kristene, my ...”

“Girlfriend?”  Mrs. Lee tried to help Yoongi.

“You two are quite a matching couple.”

“Yeah, I am his girlfriend,” I said and smiled.

“You reminded me of our past, the way we walked our puppy here.” Mrs. Lee said.

“What Belinda said was true. It must have been 40 years back and you two young ones reminded me of us a lot.” Mr. Lee said as he chuckled.

“I guess it is time for a long love story. Would you tell us how you met Mrs. Lee?” I asked.

I was really curious about their past. It must have been so nice and I was more than ready for a nice story. Even Holly went and sat at the feet of Mrs. Lee who patted Holly’s head.

Yoongi and I sat on the grass and they narrated their story – how they met in high school, how crazy their first date was. The most interesting part was that Mrs. Lee had been so irritated by Mr. Lee back then.  It was all just so identical to Yoongi’s and mine story.

We talked with them for a while and and said farewell to them.

As Yoongi waved his good bye to the couple, Mrs. Lee held onto my hand and said,

“You have found the right person Kristene. Such ones are really rare. Don’t lose him. You know, when I met Daehwi, I did not think we’d work out. But it actually did, despite the fact that I was not a native and a total stranger here. The odds were in our favour and I have high hopes that he will love you like Daehwi loved me. You deserve him and he deserves you. Good luck!”

I smiled at her and thanked her. Yoongi was waiting for me at the entrance of the park. I ran to him and joined him again to go to his place.

Yes, I hoped that we would work out too.