Chapter Forty One

"Rotten standards." Mom was so critical. "Do you think that I fed you and kept you alive to be another one like me? No. I want you to have a stable future."

"Better be an old man's darling than being a young man's slave."

"Are you talking back?"

Gosh, this was a war.

"I like Yoongi. Not Jungkook. I am not gonna accept Jungkook and that is it."

"You will realise the gravity of the mistake you are making when it is too late. When your Yoongi ditches you like your own father did, it will be really... really late for you to turn back. What does even Yoongi have? His parents are from middle class, his looks aren't that attractive even. He is not a star performer in academics. I am disappointed in you. Jeon Jungkook is such a fountain of all what a woman needs in life."

The fountain I sought was Yoongi.

"I am not responsible for what happened between you and dad. It is not my fault. I marry for satisfaction, not for convenience. If I ever love someone, that someone is definitely not Jungkook, it is Yoongi."

"ENOUGH. You'll regret your decision Kristene Andrews. I am not sending you class fees again. Earn for yourself. When you make up your mind to accept Jungkook, call me."

"That won't happen in this lifetime. Bye."

"Bye."

The line was cold.

Tears started trickling down my cheeks. Why did she have to blame my father's departure on me? Was I that much of a mistake? Why do I have to love someone she picks out? Am I not to have any choice in life at all? All I ever had done was nod and accept whatever she had said. I never ever resisted.

But I couldn't take this anymore. I loved Yoongi. I knew that. I didn't feel anything towards Kookie at all. I was not a robot to be fed emotions in a code and function according to that. God, I was human.

Someone in the shadows moved.

"Kristene?"

"Yeah, why Yoongi?"

He came out of the shadows.

"Was it your mom?"

"Yeah, it was. But now I am technically disowned." I spoke through my sobs.

Yoongi was holding a tray of coffee cups and he kept it on a chair that was there in the balcony.

"Was it really because of me, Kristene? Hoseok told me what happened." Yoongi pulled me into a hug.

I didn't resist. I was too weak already.

"It was not your fault Yoongi."

"I am sorry that I am not so good as Jungkook. It is my fault for not being like that. I am not a boyfriend whom you could be proud of."

"I am proud of you. I love the way you make music notes come alive on the piano, I love how you try your best to learn now... why shouldn't I be proud of my star class basketball player?"

I was a sobbing mess against Yoongi. He slowly released me and wiped my tears off with his thumb.

"Ooljiima. Princesses don't cry."

I was not done yet.

"I am proud to have a life companion who is there for me in the sun and rain, that you like me and love me. I am proud that my ideal boyfriend was you. I am sorry for not accepting this before. I hope I am not late, but I have nothing to lose. I love you Min Yoongi. I do. More than before I know it for certain now. I am in love with you."

Yoongi tucked the strands of hair behind my ears that had fallen on to my face and kissed my forehead.

"I am the luckiest guy in the whole universe, with my girl beside me." Yoongi said. His voice had the feeling of the fresh spring.

"The whole world would be against us, yet I am not giving up on us. It might be just a fantasy, of having a forever with you, but I am determined to make that a reality. I love you too, Kristene."

"Would it be possible for us to make it a reality?"

"It will be tough, but I didn't choose this path if I didn't want to fight for my way."

"My mom says that you'd leave me like dad did. Would you do that?"

"Till death parts us, I am with you. Don't doubt that."

"Am I supposed to believe that?"

"If you don't believe me, then ditch me. It is your choice. I am not the type to use and dump the person I love. Good gosh! What are you even thinking?"

"I was just taking precautions," I said and gave a cheesy smile.

"Leaps of faith are at times necessary." Yoongi leaned on to the banisters and continued-

"If you trust me enough to like me more than Jungkook, then I am not letting that trust just decay. I will make the rainbows out of that and give my princess everything she deserves."

"I need a pikachu." I pouted.

"You have a pikachu." Yoongi said.

"Where?"

He pointed at himself and pecked my cheek before vanishing into the shadows with the tray.

Silly Yoongi. He annoyed me still. But he annoyed me in a nice way.

Yes.

This was our forever.
The forever that I dreamt of.

×÷×××××÷××××

A/N:

See you all next week. Love you guys!!!!