Chapter Fifty

The letter that Mandy gave me related that my best friend had gone abroad for studies. I did not actually think that she would ditch high school finals and go anywhere, but she had. There was no phone number to contact her, so I just wrote a long letter and posted it to the address that she had mentioned in the letter. I told how things took a change for the good and that Min Yoongi, the boy whom I hate so much is the boy whom I want to live with forever.

Time heals everything. I was not angry at Mandy either. She became my best friend ultimately after Soo Jin left.

.....

“Min Yoongi, stop fooling around with the final exam paper. It is not a kite to be flown!” I screamed after Yoongi who was trying to get his final papers soar.

“Who cares Krissy! The exams are over.” Yoongi just ran around the premises.

“When exams are over, do you know what follows?” Yoongi stood on the garden bench where he and I first met this year.

“Yes, the results! You’d have to leave the Korean peninsula and jump into the sea and swim somewhere to save your life because if you fail, I will find you and kill you! I tutored you so much!!”

“Yaaah, I am not a bad student. You know that, don’t you, Mrs. Min?”

Yoongi had his face dangerously close to mine so I kept my final exam paper between our faces.

Pheww... some screen at least. I still don’t know why I get so distracted when his lips are close to me.

Aiiish, what was I even thinking!

Wait... Mrs. Min? How could he?!

“You are the worst student I ever tutored in my entire life. Namjoon Oppa - ”

“Naah baby girl. I am your Oppa.”

“How can that be? Namjoon Oppa is my oppa and you are my ...” I thought for a moment.

“I am your ... who?” Yoongi said as he pushed the paper away from our faces.

Namja-chingu.”

“Aww Kristene is turning beetroot maroon!”

“Yah! Shut up!” I chided.

“So, what follows the exams is the prom!”

“So now you are telling me that Min Yoongi - the person who wanted to spend the rest of his life lying down is excited for a prom? Am I dreaming?” I smirked.

“This time it is gonna be super exciting because I am having you as my prom date!”

“Yoongi-ah, there is a proper way to ask a girl out for a prom date. I won't say 'yes' unless you do that.” I pouted.

“This is so disgusting to watch!”

Namjoon who had come about pulled Min Yoongi away from me.

“Joon! She is my girl, what the hell man?”

“She became my sister even before she became your girlfriend. She is still mine until she gets married to the loafer you are.”

“I will just show the whole world that I am the best guy who deserves her. Just wait for my results.” Yoongi crossed his arms.

Omoo, Oppa is angry and is going cherry pink!” I squeezed Yoongi’s cheek.

Jungkook sauntered into the scene with Hoseok who had draped his arm around Kookie’s shoulders.

“Why are people like this? Aiiish” Jin and Mandy also flocked around us.

AWESOME. Now do I have to ask her out for the prom in front you dorks? Hell no!”

“You have to follow the tradition Mr. Yoongi. Else, I am not giving my sister the permission to go with you,” Namjoon stressed his emphasis.

“You guys are not getting into any drama without VanTae the photographer!” Taehyung who had a camera hanging around his neck also jumped into the scene.

Yoongi grunted frustratingly.

“Kristene, would you be my prom date?”

“ANIIII! Not like this. There should be more love!” Jin wanted his script to be enacted by Yoongi.

“Put in more emotion Min Yoongi. Hwaiting!” Hoseok cheered from behind.

“Kneel Yoongi! What the hell are you doing?” Mandy was also annoyed.

“I don’t even have flowers guys... What is this? Go away all of you. I can leisurely ask her out.” Yoongi said.

“Go to a school where they teach you to lie professionally. You are so bad at lying Min Yoongi. Why did you hide a bouquet of lilacs behind the fir tree then? Yoongi is so in love.”

It was Jimin who was holding the purple softies in his small hands and making faces at Yoongi.

Yoongi looked so defeated. “Fine ... I hid them there, but just give us some privacy you snoopy jerks!”

Jimin tossed the bouquet to Yoongi and he faced me as he went down on one knee. Yoongi cleared his throat and pursed his lips for a moment.

“Would the star that lights up my day, light up my prom night too?”

Yoongi held the flowers towards me and I also knelt as I accepted the flowers. I didn't know from where tears had found their way into my eyes.

“Your star would gladly light up all your days and nights until the end of forever.”

“Saranghae...” Yoongi stroked my cheek with the back of his hand and wiped off the tears from my face. It sent shivers down my spine in the nice way.

“Nado, saranghaeyo,” I replied.

As all the boys and Mandy were remarking how cute we were, and Tae snapped so many pics of the happy moment.

We would get old, but in the photographs our memories would stand still.

I dreamt of being with Yoongi and having so many happy days like this with him. We were ideal for each other. The six boys and Mandy were also my closest friends now. I wished our grandkids would also stick together like us.

The untold emotions we were confused of, the struggles we never spoke of, finally became a known symphony to all of us, which we could joyously murmur. The melody of the unsung love which acted as the ballad of our story was the most melodious of all. The unsung melodies were finally sung as all hearts bloomed with love and friendship.

All of us would grow old together and be close as ever.

All of us, were in my picture of forever.

- THE END -

××××××××××××

A/N:

Thank you so much for supporting #UnsungMelodies where Kristene was out in quest to find her forever.

Do you think she found what she was looking for? But wasn't that too nice to be true?

I am eternally grateful to your love and comments. Thank you for being my strength.

#HappyGoldenHobiDay

#ThisIsOurForever... was it really their forever?

Yes, that's right. Expect another fanfic as the sequel to this. I'll update you on that pretty soon!

Love you all. 💕 Thank you!!!!