Chapter Fourteen

Well, I couldn’t get him flowers every day, but I found a random wild flower or two for him.

So, I thought of giving my class notes for him to read and catch up the stuff we worked on at school. It was good that he and I were in the same Literature class.

He might have to get the music notes from Jin.

Drama notes can be collected from ... well ... from Park Eun Jisoo.

Who knew? He might have more connections still.

On this day, I got a couple of lilacs for him.They smelt so good, so I thought he would like them too. I mean; there was no reason to dislike them.

“Look here Mr. Min Yoongi-ssi.” I dragged my chair closer to his bed.

Today was the last day that he would be in hospital and his voice was getting better, restoring itself to the old raspy one. His colour was improving too.

“The poem, Go and Catch a Falling Star was more of a misogynist comment on females. It is a universal slander on the whole female population. John Donne believed that females were fickle. I wonder what gave him the big idea,” I said.

“Yes yes yes. I agree. That is true.” Min Yoongi said as he vigorously nodded his head.

“What in the world made you say that?”

He sure was experienced.

“Females change a lot. They are not consistent with anything. She says one thing at a time and the next time she turns it around completely. For me, they are always in some identity crisis. Rarely anyone accepts who she is and always wants to be loved for whom she not really is. Females are delusional and like to deceive themselves too. Look at Mandy, Jisoo...”

“Jisoo?”

“Yep. Her.”

“Why were you kissing her then?”

“I wanted to see how fickle she was. She already had a boyfriend in her Village High School. But she wanted to date me. There is actually no female who is loyal and trustworthy. But divergences do occur.”

I clicked my fingers in front of his eyes.

“What do you take me for?”

“Your history is clear. The only boy who ever got really involved with you, was me. You have no makeup on. Your bangs are choppy, you cut them, don’t you? You are just clumsy all over. You have accepted yourself and is improving yourself. That is beautiful. You are a beautiful nerd - a nerd who has accepted and loves herself enough to love others. ”

I swept my bangs on my forehead to hide my eyes.

“Hajima, don’t do that. Your eyes are pretty. ” He brushed my bangs off my forehead.

“Min Yoongi-ssi, we were discussing a lesson. Shall we get back?”

The doctor suddenly knocked and entered to give the papers as Min Yoongi was to be discharged today.

“Save the story for the way back home. We need to get outta here,” I said to Min Yoongi as I thanked and got the papers from the doctor and thanked him again for his hardwork.

I asked Min Yoongi to rest a while until I packed his bags and filled the papers. Practically there was nothing that had been sent here by his family. Only a couple of new suits could be found. I put them in his black duffle bag as I started to hum a lullaby.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Min Yoongi curling himself into a ball and rolling to the side of the bed and sleeping like a baby.

Oh, I could fit on the bed beside him.