Chapter Forty Two

Finally, it was the dinner time. I got my dinner tray and went to sit.

Since most of the tables were occupied by the quiz team members and the juniors of our school, I chose a table that was far away at the corner, which had only one occupant. I sighed in relief as it was just Namjoon oppa - the exact person for me to be with as he was of course, a lot more sensible than me.

“Annyeong Oppa.” I chirped and did an aegyo.

He choked on his salad leaf and I thumped his back until he was okay.

“What has gotten into you dongsaeng-ah? Are you okay?”

“Hmm... aniyo. I am not okay.”

“Waeyo? Would you like to tell oppa?”

“De. I have to tell my oppa anyway.”

Namjoon silently munched at his gimbap and I started my narrative.

“Kookie had got permission from mom and -”

“- asked you out?”

“Yeah... and I -”

“- confessed to Yoongi?”

“How do you know oppa?!”

“Well, they both consulted me before it all happened.”

Namjoon just shrugged.

“You could have told me, you traitor!”

“I am not a traitor. I just let you choose without having any influence on you.”

“I cannot blame that though. You are right. It is I who would be marrying one of them, not you.” I nudged Namjoon.

“So what is the problem now?”

“Do you think I made the right decision?”

“If you feel so, yes.”

“List some criteria! I don’t really feel that I am okay with anything these days!”

“With whom are you in your natural mood? With whom you don’t have to measure and calculate the gravity of each word before uttering? With whom do you see yourself in future? Who do you see down the aisle when you are walking down it? Whom do you see as a father to your babies? And last but not least, who makes you happy and loves you for who you are, with all your perfections and flaws?”

“I don’t care for anything when Yoongi is there, and I am the most natural. I can imagine having fights over the flavour of the ice cream we are about to buy...”

I let out a chuckle and continued.

“Down the aisle, it is Yoongi who’s beaming at me... and ... father of Yoongi’s and mine babies... of course it is him.”

“Omo... Miss Andrews is blushing ... awwwh,” Namjoon was teasing me.

“Yoongi loves me for who I am.”

“Yes sir, I do.” Someone with a food tray slipped into our place and I was surprised to see a mischievous smiling Min Yoongi next to me.

“Namjoon oppa, ask him to stay away from our conversation,” I pleaded.

This was after all supposed to be my oppa’s and mine private counselling session.

Namjoon had finished his dinner and was helping himself to a tumbler of spring water.

“As your boyfriend, I have the right to intrude into your affairs as I wish,” Yoongi said as he poked my cheek.

“It has not been even a couple of hours since I confessed! If you continue this I swear I shall ditch you!”

“Try sweetheart. You cannot do that easily.”

Idiot.

He was right. I cannot let him go like that. There was something like static charges that attracted me to him.

What could I do rather than biting my bottom lip and blush into maroon in a situation like this?

Namjoon had knotted his hands in front of him and was smiling at our little fight.

“It is good to see our Yoongi smiling again after all. I am even so glad that it was you that he finally chose. I have no objections, I love the both of you. Yet I can assure that future will test you a lot. It will be really hard for both of you, I guess you better be ready for whatever the storm that is brewing.”

I nodded and continued my dinner. I had chosen the path with ruts and dirt. We will make it the most beautiful path as I have Yoongi beside me and he has me.

I was just so thankful that Namjoon was always there for me as an unbiased observer, advising me and making me make my own decisions, following my intuition.

As we cleaned our plates and were returning to our seats, Yoongi left us for a while to grab a diet coke. I was gonna follow him when Namjoon held me by my arm.

“Dongsaeng-ah, I don’t know if my predictions are wrong, yet a stronger storm may come sooner than you expect.”

He pushed me behind him, covering me and pulled me to a corner.

Whoa... what was happening?

“Who was that guy at that table, gawking at your direction?”

I peeped out from behind him and saw Donghan who was talking with his teammates.

“That is Kang Donghan.”

“Be careful of him. Something about him is not right at all.”

But what was wrong?

"Why?"

"He was staring at you as if you were his dessert. It's not even the main dish."

"You must be kidding me."

"I'm perfectly serious. He looked at you as if he's taking a look at his prey."

"Did all the food go to your brain instead of going to your stomach? Aiiish..."

"Kristene, I cannot tell what's up with him, yet stay away from him. Just stay away."

Namjoon uttered the words directly looking at my eyes.

I nodded.

"Do you know him - Donghan?" Namjoon asked.

"I just talked with him twice and that's it. Should I tell Yoongi?"

"I see. Let's just wait a bit. I still don't know why I feel as if something is gonna happen that would make me lose you, dongsaeng-ah. If I get more uneasy, I will tell Yoongi. May be that I am just feeling things. But whatever the circumstances may be, I cannot lose you. You are my sister and I would not think twice to throw myself at a risk to save you. Dongsaeng-ah, Saranghaeyo."

Namjoon just pulled me into a hug to my surprise.

"Oppa .... nado. Saranghae," said I as I hugged him back.

I loved him too.

My brother.

My own.

××××××××××××××××

A/N:

Annyeong!

Do you have any questions? If so, feel free to drop them down in the comments. I'll answer. 😊

And, it's 890+ views!!!!

Thank you so much!

I'll see you soon. Love you all. Be safe and take care! 💕💜