Chapter Seventeen

There was none of my old bullies around so I thought that it was safe for me to step out of my classroom.

I hugged the two fancy bags; one had a Pooh on the cover and the other had a Pikachu. I walked to the basketball court.

The surroundings were so beautiful. The perfectly pruned trees and the flowers that blossomed made it a heaven Seoul which was just a big commercial city. It was kinda hard to imagine that such a place would even exist in Seoul. Anyway, we were in the outskirts of Seoul, so this had to be possible.

I walked all the way to an empty basketball court.

I wished that I had GPS navigation on Yoongi.

But I was just too poor for that anyway. I smirked at myself.

I went under the basketball ring. He had thrown the ball so high that day; I could not see it properly from up.

Having seen several basketballs lying about, I kept the bags on the pavilion and returned to the court.

A little basketball and a sport won't kill me.

"One, two, shoot!" I whispered and threw the ball up. It just went elsewhere.

I picked up the ball again. "One, two, in you go!" I said in a firm voice and shot the ball.

I tried again and again. I felt as if I had been shooting the ball for the past century and I was so tired. I could shoot the ball everywhere except to the ring.

How could Yoongi Oppa make it appear so easy!

I grunted as I threw the ball hardly on the court ground letting it to bounce and roll wherever it wanted to go.

But it did not roll. The bouncing ball was caught by a guy in red converse.

I knew him; it was none other than Min Yoongi.

"You suck at basketball Kristene." He smirked.

"I just tried it. I don't need to play it anyway." I pouted.

He hugged the ball to his chest and came towards me. I automatically started walking backwards.

This was creepy.

He suddenly pulled me towards him and turned me around. He made me hold the ball and draped his arms around my waist.

"Oppa, friends don't do this, do they?"

I questioned him.

I was already feeling my legs going numb and heart throbbing as ever.

"From this moment onwards they do, girl." He rested his head on the nape of my neck.

"Now aim Kristene," he said as he held my hands that were holding the ball and lifted my hands up above my head.

"Shoot!" He yelled and the ball shot out from my hands and went through the ring.

I was already too much in shock to be amazed.

"That is how you shoot the ball. I hope you learnt," he said releasing me from his hold.

Well, I could have learnt the lesson unless I had been thinking about that fact that his body was so close to mine.

He was warm and smelt so nice. I just could feel the feeling I get when I press a hot chocolate cup to my face. The homely scent and the warmth was just so invigorating.

"Kristene? You are spacing out," Yoongi oppa remarked.

"Min Yoongi Oppa," I pronounced the syllables clearly, "I was... just trying to ... memorise."

"Good girl, but don't use the whole chunk of Min Yoongi Oppa."

"Then what?"

"I will let you know. What were you doing here anyway?"

"Well ... I -um..."

"You missed me?"

"Ya! It is not like that! I wanted to return the clothes I borrowed on two days."

"I can remember giving my shirt for you once, but you said two days? "

"I had to borrow another set of clothes after I cleaned your room that day."

"Oh... I am sorry for the trouble I caused. But after what I have put you through, you should not have been this thoughtful about me Kristene."

"It is fine. I wanted to help you, that is all."

"You mean you liked wearing in my clothes?"

Stop twisting the conversation!!!

"Aiiish you!!! NO! Whatever. Here take these. I washed them the best I could."

He took the two fancy bags and smiled at the covers. He smelt the clothes.

"They smell like you. The lilacs." He smiled.

"Is your washing powder scented of lilacs too?" He asked.

"I just like lilacs and that is all. Just... here are the clothes so I will be going. Thanks for them."

I turned to leave.

"You remind me of my mom, my childhood days with her." He paused.

I felt my eyes widen. What?

"That is sweet of you to say that. I feel honoured." I spoke in the softest voice I could.

"She used to smell like lilacs too."

This boy was indeed mysterious.

I kept on feeling that something major was wrong with his life.

If only I knew what was wrong ...

"Anyway," he brushed his emotions aside, "I had an idea."

"What can that be?" I asked.

"It's Genius Min Suga. Call me like that for now."

"Okay Genius Min Suga, what is your bright idea?" I hoped he could notice my sarcasm.

"Yoongi in the normal pronunciation at school..."

"Okay..? and?"

"Oppa in cute situations ..."

"How the hell do I know if it is a cute situation or not?" I cut him off.

"Pabo, you will know it by your instincts." He said in an amused voice.

"And ... Yoongi-ahh.. " He made a moaning sound.

WHAT THE HELL!?

"PERVERTTTTTT!" I yelled.

I nudged him in the elbow and left the basketball court.

I could not help smiling as I walked back towards the class.

An Idiot. That is what Yoongi was. A reckless idiot who was making me confused every time we met.

×××××××××××××××××××××

A/N:

Thank you for all the lovely comments you send me. I value them a lot!

Some of you had actually read all the chapters that were uploaded so far in one go.

Daebak ... you are amazing!

Love you loads! 😍😘😇