Chapter Twenty Four

May be the truth could save me.

“I don’t have a heater here, actually, I cannot afford one. So ... you know, the floor was warm and I didn’t feel like getting up.”

“Come to Daegu in Winter. I have a heater.”

“I need to ask mom first. Back in our country, girls don’t just stay at a guy’s place unless they are married.”

“Then let’s get married now.”

Yoongi was offering his bright suggestion.

Wow, he was really bright.

“We are still minors, we can’t get married, idiot!”

“So you are indirectly saying that you would like to marry me?”

Yoongi giggled. It was a weird kind of giggle, his frame shook, but no laughing sound came out.

“I don’t even like you to get married!” I yelled.

“That hurt me ...” Yoongi was acting as if he were struck by an arrow on his heart.

“Let’s do the studies then. You came for that.”I concluded.

We were studying for a couple of hours and the puppy was sleeping on a part of my blanket. The brown ball of cloud looked so fluffy.

“Ya, what’s with that look Krissy? You never look at me like that.”

“You are not a puppy.”

The studying session went on and we discussed several poems in the anthology and revised some grammar.

My stomach started growling at the most inappropriate occasion.

I clenched my stomach trying to subdue the low growl.

“Min Holly is asleep, but he is growling. May be that dogs do snore too.” Yoongi remarked.

“Min Holly? Who?”

“Your Mr. Woof.”

“You actually gave your family name to a puppy?”

“Imagine now; when you marry me.....” Yoongi began.

“I am not marrying you!” I retorted.

“IMAGINE,” he stressed the word, “when you marry me if you get my surname, why cannot a puppy who is really a part of the family, get the surname too?”

“No imagining. Who named Holly?”

“It was actually my elder brother. Hyung liked the puppy to be called Holly.”

“I see... thanks for bringing Holly in,” I said.

After ten minutes or so, another growl escaped. That was too obvious.

“That is not Min Holly. I am sure... but why are you clenching your tummy?”

Yoongi leaned in closer to me and whispered, “Period cramps?”

“YOU DUMB YOONGI! You actually barged in when I was having my sweet sleep and I couldn’t even stuff my stomach with something!!!”

“You are hungry? I will make some breakfast for you since you are teaching me.”

Yes please, living beings get hungry.

He went and opened the refrigerator. Only a lonely potato was rolling on one shelf due to the force Yoongi used to open the door of it.

“Kristene, you only have a potato here. Were you going to eat that?”

“I could have gone to the store if you weren’t here,” I scoffed.

Yoongi pulled out his phone and dialled a number.

“Yes, one large garlic prawn pizza. Thanks. You know the address?” He started to talk with the other side.

“Kristene, tell the address.” Yoongi kept the phone on my ear and I mouthed the address. Then he took the phone away.

“Okay sure. We will wait.” Yoongi hung up.

“What was that?” I was curious.

“Breakfast is on me. I know it is weird to eat pizza for breakfast, but it is already 10 a.m. We aren't the exact normal couple in Seoul... So...”

"Should I rewire your brain to make you understand the plain fact that I am not your girlfriend?"

"Whatever..." Yoongi just waved his hand.

"Does Namjoon oppa know about this fantasy of yours?"

"Oppa?... Namjoon Oppa?"

"Yeah. He is officially my brother now. He is so cool and understands me so well."

Yoongi puffed his cheeks.

"Here I am, trying my best to make you like me because I like you way too much already and you just casually made a random guy your oppa."

"Couldn't be helped. Namjoon oppa loves me, I love him too. Wow... I am the luckiest sister ever!"

Yoongi was growing tomato red and his aura was becoming different.

"Have it in your way. I don't care Kristene. I will find a sister for myself! At least she'd love me."

"Is Min Yoongi jealous?"

"No."

Yoongi replied sternly.

"No pizza for you. You can starve yourself."

"Yoongi is jealous... I can see."

I teased him.

"Fine. I am jealous. What are you gonna do? Throw a party?"

"No. I will just eat your pizza."

I gave an innocent smile.

We wrote an answer to a past paper question in the meanwhile. When we heard a knock on the door, Yoongi answered the door and paid for the pizza.

I got three plates from the rack.

One for him, one for me, one for Holly.

It really felt like I was actually living with him.

A little perfect family.

Except that, I did not like him yet.