Chapter Twenty

Things were fuzzy inside my head. How many plot twists actually waited for me at school?

Could it be that Min Yoongi really liked me?

But even if he had liked me back then, now he would have eroded that preference he had had for me.

But he still claimed that he loved me.

This was too much for my small head.

Never mind. I would clarify things by myself, eventually.

Today was the day that Namojoon and I were to meet at the Birch by 2 p.m. He said that he would help me to practise. Since he was in A2, I could not check on him always and we had only one common period- that was the lit period.

When Miss Diane came to the class, a bespectacled Namjoon and a Yoongi with a tie around his neck followed her.

Okay, Weird.

Yoongi sat on my left and Namjoon on my right.

Sandwhiched.

I could already feel a tensed atmosphere around me. It was as if I was caught up between two walls that were enclosing the space between them and were about to crush me.

“Children, I need to inform you that our drama practices start day after tomorrow. The play that we are gonna do is Romeo - Juliet. I need ideas from you to choose what we should enact on stage. The drama festival is in late November.”

Miss Diane stopped and waited for children to answer.

“Act One, the one with fight scenes,” I heard the boy on my left say.

Of course he was Min Yoongi, what could you expect other than that?

“The last act because it is emotional and heightens the tragedy. The catharsis is there. People will get emotionally wrecked and attached if we do that, so the expression is powerful,” Namjoon who was in my right commented.

A typical, organised nerd.

Miss Diane looked at me. “What is your suggestion Kristene? After all, you are Juliet.”

“I don’t know ma'am. Whatever you say,” I said.

This was not the time to be picky.

“Another reminder is that this time, the festival’s theme is Youthful Love. So we’d better have something related to that. By the way, Mr. Romeo, any ideas?” Miss Diane inquired from Jin.

“Miss, what is the duration that we have been allocated?” Jin asked.

“15 to 25 minutes.” She replied.

“Act Two, the whole of it. That is the part where the confession happens and they get married,” Jin said.

“Good one. Act Two matches the given time slot as well.”

“We need music for a change, so let’s start off with Scene V of the first act. We get a ball and even Tybalt is there. The enmity between the two families and what Romeo and Juliet underwent as lovers is understandable to the audience,” I suggested.

“Good idea, so then check the notice board tomorrow. I will have a notice on the characters that the rest of you would be assigned.” Miss Diane took the lesson for today into her hands and started to teach after that.

The bell rang all too soon as Great Expectations by Charles Dickens was one of my favourites. As Miss Diane left the class, Yoongi nudged me on the elbow.

“Why do you like Charles Chickens so much?”

What the hell?

“Because he is not Min Yoongi. Isn’t that obvious?” I retorted.

I was going to defend my position when Namjoon from the corridor beckoned me to come out. I put the stuff in my bag and went to Namjoon.

Yoongi was biting his bottom lip so hard. I wondered what could have had triggered him.

“Yes Namjoon, I can remember. At two by the Birch.”

“Whoa, that’s great. Let us practice today. I will be there. If anyone tries to cancel the plan, tell them that this is more important.”

“Understood, Captain Namjoon!” I saluted him.

That gave Namjoon a smile.

His dimples were just so adorable!

“Okay, see you Kris,” said he as he patted my head.

Namjoon really was the brother I always wanted!

“Ya! Kristene Andrews!!! Do you see me?”

Yoongi was yelling from inside of the class.

“No! You are invisible.”

I yelled back as I made my way to the canteen.

Our canteen was spacious and contained a variety of food. I always settled for rice, some chicken and some vegetables. I ate fish and prawns too, but lobsters, crabs, octopuses, beef and mutton were not things I liked.

My motherland, Sri Lanka was an island that had an abundant supply of sea food, but I just could not bear to eat some plates.

Let’s just say that I was an on the way vegetarian under the Korean skies.

I got my plate and sat in an extreme corner of the canteen. I was at a vantage point so that if Min Yoongi was entering the place, I could slowly slip away.

Plus, I had to find if he were a virgin or not.

This was for clarification purposes.

Ryan came with Sia and they sat next to me. They were the friends I had now.

When they were half way through their meals, so I thought of asking the question.

“Ahem, guys... I have a question for you.”

Ryan was stuffing his mouth with a salad leaf and Sia swallowed the food down to reply me.

“Go ahead girly...”

“This may sound weird, but ....” I hesitated.

“Go on,” Sia pressured me.

“How... do I know...”

“... if Min Yoongi likes you?” Sia supplied.

“NO! .. how do I find if a guy is ... really ... a virgin?”

Ryan chocked on the salad leaf and Sia had to slap across his back to help him to swallow the leaf.

“How many times have I told you doofus not to swallow the leaf at once!” Sia scolded.

But Ryan was not okay, so Sia excused herself and Ryan and went to the washroom.

Okay, what I asked was not a good random question.

I sat at my table alone, picking my food and slowly stuffing my mouth.

“What do you need to know, Krissy?”

A familiar voice asked from behind me.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N:

229+ views ... Yeyyyy!! Thank you so much!

*Throws around confetti* 🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊