Chapter Twenty Seven

I was too much in a daze and it took me some time to come to my senses that he had actually confessed to me on a makeshift date.

Yet I needed to make a decision. I didn’t want to get hurt.

I did not want to hurt him either.

“I understood Oppa, I actually knew that you fell in love with me way before.” I managed to give a shy smile.

“But I need time to think about this a lot. I am not the type for anyone to try and replace. In my native culture, we fall in love once and that ends up in a marriage directly usually. We had several social norms. It is quite true that I should give up on these age old norms as I am living here in Korea, yet I cannot come into terms with that easily. Those are ingrained in me.” I tried to explain.

“I need time, Yoongi.”

“Take all the time you want. I said once that it is for you, I would gladly wait.”

Min Yoongi was sweet!

“Okay... kamsahamnida.”

“Why are you thanking me out of the blues, Kristene?”

“For understanding me.”

“Nope, I am the one who should thank you because you actually said that you’d think about me.”

Silly head.

“By the way, from where did you get the idea for this beautiful date?”

“From the books you have read. Usually after you returned the books to library, I borrowed them and read. So, I thought that since you love ‘Star-Crossed’ so much, you might love this.

There was a risk also. I didn’t know if you’d push me outta the door and lock me out. Yet... you aren’t cold Kristene. It is just that you pretend to be tough, but down there in your heart, you are more sensitive than a plant of mimosa.”

He had read my character well.

“When I slowly started to disintegrate the wall you built so high, I could see how gentle you are behind that snobbish attitude. I also understand that you built all these walls just to make sure that you won’t get hurt again.”

Well said, Min Yoongi.

I sat silently and nodded.

“From where did you get the lilacs Yoongi?”

“I have my own ways, you know.”

“But when you were at my door, you didn’t have them.”

“That is because I hid the lilacs under that fir tree of yours. Min Holly was the only witness.”

I laughed.

What a potential witness... The potential witness was sleeping soundly on my blanket.

It felt weird for me to laugh insanely at the crazy things Yoongi said, but it felt so right. It was as if I found the lost spring of happiness in my life again.

“Yoongi oppa, gomawo.”

“Stop thanking me silly.”

“This is just so perfect, I haven’t been happy like this since a long time. So thank you so so so much.”

“If you say ‘yes’ to me someday, more happy memories will follow anyway.”

Stop the promotion campaign Yoongi!

“It is not that. I haven’t even celebrated a birthday like this, so ... I am just so grateful.”

“Should I use another method and make you stop saying thank you like a distorted mp3 file?”

Wait... what method?

Did he intend to kiss me? After all this was a date so... in books this happen so...

NOOOOOOOO!

“I will stop! Keep your method to yourself!!”

“Good girl.” He was smiling his gummy smile again.

He gathered up the things and started cleaning the place.

“I am so happy you liked it Kristene. I am the happiest boy in the world now.”  Yoongi said giving me an eye-smile.

“Go sleep now Kristene, we did a lot of work today.”

“I will wait for you.” I said.

Did I really say that?

"What a change of attitude... is something wrong with your head?"

Yoongi remarked.

"Nope. I just don't know what's happening now."

Things were suddenly appearing nice and warm to me.

Was I sick or something?

×××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N:

The sad thing is, today is the last day of my vacation. I would do my best to update the story as this is just the beginning and many things are yet to happen.

Mianhaeyo if I get late in updating. Hwaiting!

Being a 2nd year law undergrad can be tiresome as hell. But anyway ... 😂

BTS hit 10 million followers on Twitter today!!!

Congrats to them and to my fellow ARMYs!

Love you loads! 😍😘😎