Chapter Eighteen

Namjoon came to our class for the Greek and Roman Civiliazation period and sat in the desk beside mine.

I should be talking with him, but of course I knew that in my gut, I had always chosen to talk with the exact guy I didn’t want to communicate with.For an instance: I always ended up talking with Yoongi for no reason.

“Hey Krissy,” Namjoon said.

“Hey Joonie,” I replied.

“You were yelling at me that day when I nicknamed you and now you are nicknaming me? How nice.”

“Being nicknamed by me is a privilege.”

“Have you nicknamed Yoongi too?”

“Thinking of it... I guess 'pervert' would suit him.” What happened earlier today was playing inside my head.

Namjoon gave a loud chuckle.

“I heard that you had been chosen as Juliet. Have you read the play?”

“Yeah, only the newspapers don’t know about that piece of information that I am Juliet," I paused.

"Well... I have read the play when I was in middle school, but Romeo – Juliet is a stupid love story to me. I can hardly remember the sequence of occurrences,” I said.

I gave a small smile.

“I can help you with the practising, that is if you happen to need extra help to adapt to the character.”

“Wow Joonie, that is so kind of you.”

Since Miss Sun Woo came, I had to stop the conversation with him and I paid my attention to the lesson again.

I could not make it obvious that Namjoon and I were great friends too; I still felt that Mandy had not learnt her lesson yet.

Before the end of the class, Namjoon’s big fat koala eraser rolled down from his desk towards mine. I grunted and bent to pick that up and saw that he had scribbled something on the tummy of the koala.

 I grunted and bent to pick that up and saw that he had scribbled something on the tummy of the koala

I picked it up and as I gave it back, I nodded.

Okay, now I had to meet him after school tomorrow.

Miss Sun Woo left the class, Namjoon also followed her out.

I picked up my books to go to the ICT lab. It was the period for ICT.

Going to ICT lab meant that I meet Ryan, who has had a fill of life and could help me sort out this Min Yoongi problem.

I had to go to the lab passing the basketball court as it was situated in the Science Section of the school.

For a moment I wished someone built a flyover so that I would not have to encounter that pervert again.

But there being no flyovers, meant that I just had to walk the way there. In fact, I was the only student from my class who followed ICT, so I did not have a companion to pretend that I am talking with her so that I could at least I could avoid Min Yoongi.

I stuck my head out of the block that was adjacent to the basketball court.

“Awesome, the coast is clear,” I muttered to myself. “Time to sprint now.”

I ran past the basketball court to the Science Section and looked back.

Where were the players?

Where was Yoongi oppa?

I had a couple of spare minutes as I came running all the way to here and looked back at the court.

There was no sign of him.

When I turned to go, my face hit someone’s hard chest.

“OUCH... DO YOU EAT STONES OR ...” I yelled as I looked at the pillar I bumped on.

“JUNGKOOK?” I closed my mouth in shock.

“Yep, call me Kookie though.” 

What was with everyone being keen on nicknames today?

“Cookie Dough,” I giggled at the thought of that, which made him smile.

“You look cute when you giggle at the most random moments.”

“This was not random, you just said that you are Kookie Dough,” I said as I giggled again.

“It is Kookie. K-O-O-K-I-E.” He spelt it out.

How thoughtful.

“Okay Kookie, where are you running to?”

His shirt was slightly glued to his chest and arms because of sweat. Traces of muscular biceps were obvious.

“I am off to the Principal’s. I was curious to see what you were looking at, but it turned out to be nothing.”

“Yeah, it was nothing. You better get going Kookie, see you.”

I waved to him as he ran past me.

Several doctors came out of the infirmary and passed me as I walked to my class. Medical checkups were common at school, so I didn’t peek in.

I opened the door of the lab and went to a computer. Others were not here yet, so I began to find a note on networking and started writing it down. I was halfway through the note when Ryan came in. It seemed as if the teacher were not here today.

“Kristene, I guess we’d better go to the Sectional Head’s office and ask if our teacher came.”

I nodded in assent. Even Sia wasn’t there.

Both Ryan and I walked past the infirmary again. I could see a glimpse of Hoseok inside.

They were the sporty people and there was Mr. Luhan too.

Then only it occurred to me.

Min Yoongi must have seen me and Jungkook out here.

Oh damn.

××××××××××÷÷÷××××

A/N:
Don't laugh at the koala. 😂