Chapter Forty Eight

I finally managed to push this super clingy Yoongi away. It was so weird, yet the boyfriend I loved so much, really treasured me. I couldn’t blame him for that. He always said that there was none that could be me to him.

I smiled.

I never thought that I would be loved like this. Not even my dad loved me like that. At times I wondered what I really loved in Yoongi. Among the billions of reasons that I found, one of the foremost was that he gave me the love of a father too, something I haven’t had much in my childhood. He, was not the random boyfriend one would have.

As I kept walking, I was amazed to see Jungkook leaned against a pillar in the corridor.

I did my best to avoid him since I turned his offer down. But, now I couldn’t escape. I turned as if I didn’t see him.

“I saw you, Kristene.”

He held on to my arm.

“Let go of me, Kookie.”

“I ... I want to .. apologise.”

“Apologise for ..?”

“For being an utter fool.”

“Oh...”

“True enough  that I liked you, but I think it was just ... just that I wanted you to have a better life with me. You know, you went through a lot, so I thought that I would be able t o give you the world you deserved. It would be a lie if I told that I did not love you... but I guess I didn’t love you enough.”

“I know. You were just attracted to me.”

“No, it was not like that. I loved you Kristene. I wanted to wait as you walked down the aisle and get married to me .. I ...” He sighed.
“Nothing matters now. I heard that your mom kinda disowned you. That is all my fault. I just should have had the brains to ask you first.”

“At least now you respect my preferences than forcing choices on me...” I said.

“It is that ... arrgh ... I was confused.”

“You were selfless, trying to love me and give me a better life... but Kookie,” I held both of his hands in mine and directly looked at his soft ebony eyes. “Have you ever thought of yourself? What would happen to you if you marry me? What about your family name, status...”

“You know that I do not care about those, Kristene.”

He cut me short.

“Well, Kookie... shouldn’t you love a person because she deserves your love? Not just because you feel philanthropic. I am extremely glad that you were so selfless and chose me to be your girl, do not get me wrong; but I am not the girl who marries for comforts.

Love the person who loves you. That doesn’t hurt Kookie. Marry the person you love because you love her. It should not be based on any selflessness. You marry for yourself. You marry her to be happy with her.”

“Hmm... Arasso. I do get it now,” Kookie said as he slyly wiped away the tear that rolled down his cheek.

Next, I did what my body was not instructed to do. I just hugged him.

“Kookie-ah, you are such an angel... I hope that you will find someone angelic as you, someone who loves you so much, just as you love her.”

De de... I will find someone like that.” He hugged me back.

“I am sorry for troubling you Kristene,” he said as he released me. “I hope you’d be okay and if you need any help, just tell me. I told your mom not to be annoyed with you, but she just won’t listen.”