Chapter Thirty Five

I made my dramatic entrance in to the Dance Practice Room.

“Oh you are here?”

Kookie was already in there and he was in a white shirt and pale blue denims. When I entered, he was removing his timberlands.

“Yeah, I guess I didn’t disturb you Kookie.”

“It’s a pleasure to be disturbed by you.”

“Well, is this dress okay? I don’t know. What do people wear for dance practices?”

“The shirt is fine, the red and green checked skirt and the black jeans do look fine to me. They flatter your figure.”

“I am more like a broomstick and you are here talking about a figure. I guess all the boys here need glasses!”

“Nope. You are pretty.”

He was not to be contradicted.

“Thank you. Shall we get to the dance now Mister Jungkook?”

He gave the authentic Kookie Bunny Smile.

He stood in the middle of the room and I joined him after removing my pair of converse. He placed his left hand on my waist and held my right hand with the other. I was asked to keep my left hand on his shoulder.

“One .. two .. three .. like this..” Kookie started his lesson.
“Four .. Five .. Six... relax your body. Follow the flow.”

I couldn’t think of any flow other than how my nerves were having a terrible time as I kept on stepping on poor Kookie’s feet.

“Relax first .. breathe in .. out ..  Now pretend to hold my left hand with your right and move two rounds, then vice versa... Yes.. That is good. ”

I bit my lip so hard that I tasted blood in my mouth. Dancing was a real deal to me. It was so hard to concentrate on the steps.

“Now turn yourself round and round and come into me...”

This whole whirling twirling  was making me so dizzy. Nothing could be done if that was a part of the dance anyway. Silently I cursed the choreographers of the Romeo-Juliet dance scene.

I just couldn’t get the right amount of turns to face Kookie at the end of the twirls, so I had to repeat the steps a menacing load of times.

When I finally mastered the steps, I could face Kookie again but my legs gave away.

The earth was rotating so fast around me.
Kookie’s adrenaline was better. He caught me by my waist and lifted me towards him, making my back arch. His face was dangerously close to mine and I could feel his warm breaths hitting my lips.

That was when the door was burst open.

I heard knuckle cracking sounds from behind and saw Yoongi enter the awkward scene with Hoseok as his accomplice.

“It is such a good day to learn dancing today Hoseok. I feel finally ready and alive that I am in this room once again. I cannot recall my past lessons on ballroom dancing, so you can teach me right?”

Yoongi gave Hoseok a bro-hug.

They were clearly staging on a play here.

“Oh, did we disturb you, Kookie and Kream?”

Did he just invent a ship name? Yoongi just wait until I get out from here!

Kookie set me on my feet again.

“Nope, not at all. It is a pleasure to have your company Yoongi and Hoseok.”

“I bet it is.” Yoongi smirked.

“Jungkook, play on the music please. After all, Kristene and Jin are not doing a sole couple dance. It will have a group dance too. So we can pair up and practice and I get to train Yoongi too. Is that fine?”

“YES!” I nodded my head vigorously. I would do whatever it takes to make the play the best at the competition.

“If Krissy is fine, I have no objections,” said Kookie.

“Then it is agreed upon. Turn on the music!”

Hoseok yelled as he hopped on to the dance floor and dragged Yoongi alongside him. Hoseok looked so gleeful.

I was paired with Kookie and we kept on practising with the YoonSeok couple.

I still kept on messing the steps and turns. Kookie was dead tired already, so Hoseok and he went to grab a drink. Kookie was reluctant to leave, but Hoseok promised that they’d return after ten minutes when they were done with refreshments.

So they left and Yoongi and I remained in the practice room.

“Why did you barge in Yoongi?”

“My to be girlfriend was being touched by a guy in a not-so-decent way. Did you really expect me to ignore that?

“But I fell, that is why -”

“- No buts Krissy. He could have helped you up than pulling you closer to him. He was attempting to kiss you. Didn’t you see that? I had no option than dragging in Hoseok who happened to be wandering around at that time. Quite a coincidence that was.”

“Okay ... But Kookie -”

“He is not his normal self anymore. I just know that.”

“You care about me so much. Thank you Oppa. But don’t blame Kookie, it must have been an accident.”

“Whatever you say princess.”

Yoongi went and turned on the music again.

“Is my Juliet ready for the ball?”

“I am ready, but I want to wait for my partner. You need to wait for Hoseok.”

Yoongi pouted.

“I just thought that I might have my first dance with you...”

I could hear footsteps approaching the practice room.

“Hush... they are coming.”

I pushed away Yoongi from me and pretended that I had been resting.

Such an impatient Min Yoongi.

My to-be boyfriend.

×××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N:

I am really sorry for the late update! University resumed its teaching after the vacation and I hardly have time to update now.

As I promised, I'd have a weekly update.

Love you loads! 😍

P.S. - I have no idea about dancing. 😂