Milkshakes and DO NOTs.....

We finally got to the diner in what felt like hours. Dan and Grace wouldn't stop arguing the whole journey, it was the worst (yet most obvious) type of flirting. Not to mention every time Hayley thought I wasn't looking she'd turn to stare at me, her mouth would form a smile, she'd bite her lip and then turn away.
"I can feel your eyes on me Hayley." I pulled into a parking lot and squeezed her hand in mine.
"Problem?"
"None at all." I smirked and her cheeks turned red. "We're here. Now both of you get the fuck out my car."
"Whatever you know you want-" what I said finally seemed to register in Dans head. Hayley stifled a laugh beside me.
"No need for the agro man." He glared at me.
"Your just gonna him talk to me like that sis?" Grace glared at me too.
"Well it got the both of you to shutup didn't it?" The car was silent and I turned to see both the pouting kids glaring at us. Hayley huffed and rolled her eyes.
"Lets just go and make this the best double date ever." Dan nearly choked  on Hayley's word.
"Yeah Dan, this isn't my worst, but definitely not my best date." He looked at me and then to Grace again.
"I guess I have some making up to do." He jumped out the car and walked round to open the door for Grace. Once they'd gotten out, me and Hayley followed suit.
"That was really nice. What you just did for them."
"Well they were flirting more than we were." I smiled.
"I can be more flirty."
"You can huh?"
"Yep." I pooped the 'p'
"That's my thing."
"Sure babydoll."
"Babydoll?" She asked. I grinned down at her. "The weird thing is I kinda like it."
"Of course you do babydoll." I caught the door after Dan and sat down at an empty booth. My hands felt bare without Hayley's. Her skin wasn't on mine and somehow I noticed. As if reading my mind she moved closer to me. Her leg pressed against mine, her head on my shoulder and her hand placed on my arm.
"I'm starving," Dan drummed the table "and eat up Montgomery we'll burn it all tomorrow."
"Oh Dan I can't do all day tomorrow, I have to treat my sister."
"Great." He rolled his " For what exactly?" I hadn't told him about my dad yet, all he knew was my mum went out of her mind looking for me. I wasn't ready to fill in the blanks, at least not now, not here.
"Well does he need a reason? Plus, her fashion sense is more than an explanation. I ran into her in the shopping mall one time." Hayley turned to Grace "She's the one that recommended the blue dress I got on sale."
"Wow." I wasn't exactly sure what was going on but the topic was successfully changed.
"What blue dress?"
"Real pretty, low cut and-"
"You had me at low cut. What cup size is your sister Grace?" Her eyes widened in shock.
"You're a dick."
"I have one, wanna see?"
"Yeah and I'll bite it off."
"Wow oral action already."
"Your a pig."
"Don't you like bacon sweetheart?"
"Wow. This, my friend, is why you're single."
I drowned out the rest of their arguing, paying my attention to Hayley.
"I wanna see it."
"See what?"
"The dress."
"Take me somewhere nice and maybe you will." She lifted an eyebrow and smiled. "You know she helped me pick something else out aswell."
"What?" I rolled my eyes. "Probably some weird jumper with an angry girl band on the front."
"Whatever." She hit my chest.
"No? Okay what was it?" I questioned. Her lips came closer to my ear.
"Something I'm sure you'll really really like."
"Is that right?" It was my turn to whisper in her ear.
"Yep" she leaned her head on my shoulder. "I got it from work."
"You bought it from Victoria secret?" I couldn't hold my smile from seeping into the words.
"Mhmm." She nodded.
"That's what I like babydoll." And then her smile turned into a laugh. I picked up the menu, scanning the meals.

"Wait." Her small hands pulled the menu away. " I pick for you, you pick for me." I nodded. "I hate mushrooms, no problem with alcohol, carrot cake is fabulous and I love, love chocolate." Her eyes flickered across the menu. "You?" She asked.
"Love salads, hate wine, love bourbon, love fruit deserts." she grinned.

"I can work with that." The menu was a mix of healthy and unhealthy meals. I knew better than to order a lady a salad, they always  took it the wrong way. The chocolate bailey surprise caught my eye, it was a slice of cake served with vanilla ice cream. I had dessert. The main was harder to pick.