14. Way Out

It's Christmas Eve. Enjoy this new chapter. Thought I'd gift you all early, and gift another tomorrow morning with an actual Christmas chapter.

I hope you all have a lovely day filled with fun and family.

I won't be doing much except for staying in bed thinking about how bad I feel.
~*~

Castiel.

Everyone's buzzing about the party and honestly, I'm excited about it too.

There hasn't been one in a while and Abaddon is playing it up as the best one yet.

I was animatedly discussing it with Anna and Jess when Dean comes and sits down beside me.

"Wait, you're going to the party too?" He asks.

"Well, Yeah. I've gone to almost every one of Abaddon's. They're awesome." I neatly fold my hands in my lap.

"Cas, I-" he cuts himself off and looks down at his tray. "It worries me, I've heard what happens."

"Then why don't you come with? I mean I've always been okay but why don't you?" Anna and Jess chime in after me, agreeing he should and that it would be a lot of fun.

"I-I guess." He hesitates.

"You don't have to if you don't want to." Anna says.

"Yeah, it's okay Dean." I say softly.

"No, I want to." He says more confidently. "I'll be at your house to pick you up at 7."

I smile. "See you then."

~*~

I look over my outfit one last time, happy with my black skirt and black crop top to match.

The doorbell rings and I run downstairs, lucky that my dad somehow was out in his office for the night.

I open the door to Dean.

He smiles as he looks at what I'm wearing.

"Ready to go?"

I nod and grab my keys, shutting the door after me and locking it.

We get in his car and make the way to Abaddon's house.

~*~

A steady stream of people were going in and out of the party, some finding friends and others alone.

Some drunk and high already.

"You can leave when you need to, Dean. You don't have to stay the whole time." I said while I watched everyone.

"No, it's okay. I'll take you to my place after, it is the weekend and you told your dad you would be out, right?"

"Yeah, I did." I answered as I stepped out of the car, Dean close behind me.

I could already hear the music and a light roar of the crowd inside and those who were spilling outside.

We push our way through the door and I find Anna and Jess, chatting up some guys, drinks in hand. I give a small wave and they look over, rushing to me and Dean.

"You guys made it!" Anna yells over the music.

"Of course we did, I wouldn't miss one of these parties!" I answer, nodding off to the kitchen to get a drink.

Dean follows and watches as I mix whatever I can into my cup. "Cas, I don't..." He trials off. "It's fine, I'm the driver, just pace yourself on how much you drink, okay?"