28. Protective

I promise I'm trying to get updates done.
Also I'm drunk while writing some of this so I apologize if anything is wrong/bad you know why

Dean.

"Have a good day, I'll see you later Sammy." I cleared my throat and gave a small wave as Sam got out of the car to get to class.

"Are you sure you don't need me to stay? I can miss school for once, my grades are good and I'm sure we're not doing much today-"

I cut him off. "It's okay, Sam. I can take care of myself. School is important anyway."

I know he was feigning concern from his face but he nodded and shut the door after him.

I was alone in the car now and suddenly all emotions hit me at once and all I could feel was a numbness in my chest.

I realized I was still in the line in front of the school so I put the car in drive and made the quick drive back home.

I didn't feel like doing too much and only made it as far as the couch where I decided it would be best to lay down.

~*~

After crying for a while and wondering how this happened and replaying everything in my head, I decided to search the kitchen for something.

I found some bacon in the fridge, but didn't feel like cooking so I continued to search.

I had just stocked the kitchen with groceries and didn't realize the beer that was in the back of the fridge.

I grabbed a bottle and inspected the label.

Nothing new, just my favorite.

I knew I shouldn't be drinking but a major part of my mind didn't care.

I slammed the edge of the bottle cap on the counter and it popped off, flying to the floor.

I took a long drink from it and sighed, content at the flavor. I decided it was time to pick up the cap so as not to step on it and cut my foot or Sam's when he got home or something.

Eventually hunger crept in and the bacon seemed like a good idea.

I watched the bacon fry while finishing off my first bottle and going for a second.

~*~

I laid tipsy on the couch, emptily laughing at some tv show that happened to be on and didn't care to change.

I picked up the bottle in front of me, threw it out, then reached for another.

I had to remember to take out the trash before Sam got home. I don't drink in front of him and if he found out I was drinking, especially in my current state, he wouldn't leave me alone about it. I wasn't going to get away with it anyway, he's a smart kid and would find out somehow that I was at home getting drunk and definitely know that there's something wrong.

~*~

I was just finishing off the third while making a sandwich for lunch when I felt sick.

(TW)

I covered my face with my hands and breathed in and out heavily, trying to relax but I only felt worse.

I felt it burning in my throat and went to the bathroom in enough time to throw up.

After I finished emptying my stomach, I sat shaking on the floor trying to relax my body.

After a few minutes I carefully got up and went to the sink, rinsed out my mouth and washed my face, then threw out the rest of the beer and went straight to my room.