23. Paint

Castiel.

"Cause they're just girls, breaking hearts!"

I tap my finger along, trying not to sing on my way to my locker.

"Eyes bright, uptight, just girls."

I twist the combination into the lock and feel the release before unlatching it and sliding my backpack in.

I adjust my glasses and hair in my little magnet-mirror and smooth out my skinny jeans and baseball-style tee I'd decided to wear today.

"But she can't be what you need if she's 17,
They're just girls!
They're just-"

I feel a tug as my earbuds are ripped out of my ears.

"Ow, what the hell!" I say as I turn around, covering my ears to see Anna and Jess.

They stay quiet, eyes expectant, wondering if I notice what they've noticed since they got here. What I failed to pay attention to.

Everyone was quiet, whispering to one another and throwing glances at me.

I roll my eyes and go back to my locker, shuffling things around and trying to get my binders for my next few classes.

"So... are you going to say something?" Jess asks, both of them gathering beside me.

"What is there to say?" I abruptly question, hating my sudden outburst. "If the whole school is going to freeze over me posting a picture on my Instagram, then what the fuck do they have going on in their lives? That they have to freak out over me posting whatever?"

Anna shrugs and I take my phone out of my back pocket, pausing my music and scrolling through the Kik and Instagram notifications.

I hadn't gotten on either in a long time, I turned notifications off for a while because it had become a little overwhelming, especially once everything with Oliver happened and Dean suddenly becoming a huge part of my life.

Some of them were not nice comments, rude and inappropriate and others were congratulating and wondering who had taken the picture of me.

"Well, with the picture you posted, I'm sure everyone is having this reaction."

I roll my eyes again and Jess shoves her phone in my face.

"Do you see this? Look!"

"I know Jess, I should know. I posted it!" I slightly shout the last part before slamming my locker shut.

"It's even on the top of my explore page, you cannot tell me this isn't one of your most popular posts!"

I shake my head and get agitated as Anna and Jess follow me.

They suddenly stop.

"Speaking of post." Anna says before she drags Jess away and I see Dean at the end of the hall.

He smiles, no doubt waiting for me and I can't help but to feel a light blush creep against my cheeks.

"Hey baby." He says softly, kissing my cheek and linking his arm with mine. "What are you so blushy about, Cas?"

"Nothing, really." I answer truthfully.

He smirks and plants another kiss on my temple.

I become self-conscious as people begin staring again, yet Dean seems so immune to it all.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks as he holds the art room door open for me. "You said 'nothing,' but your face has been bright red since met me in the east hallway. Are you sick, are you feeling okay?" Dean follows in after me, pressing questions.