34. More Than Car Trouble

I'm so sorry this took forever to be written and published, I tried to stick with my "chapter every weekend" idea but I had wisdom teeth surgery last weekend so I'm just now feeling more myself.

Dean.

After the date with Castiel I was feeling more comfortable around him. We started holding hands more in the halls, kissing softly every time we see each other.

I hummed lightly at the thought of him on the teacup ride, hair swirling at his forehead and lights flicking off his glasses. He was wonderful. Absolutely beautiful.

I absentmindedly clanked at a battery under the hood of a car as I thought about him.

I looked around the car shop that my Uncle Bobby owned.

I started taking shifts for extra money on the weekends and breaks because I felt like what I was doing wasn't enough. Bobby worked some things out for me and got me on a part-time shift because he was seeing my worry about how much I needed more money.

I fixed cars. Put them together. Took them apart. Cleaned them. Whatever was needed.

I was lost in thought, propped against the car when I was interrupted.

"Boy if you don't git back to work yer goin to get a lot more than you wanted." Bobby wiped his hands off after taking apart and cleaning a motor, his gaze at me harsh.

"Sorry, Bobby." I turned back to the car and started working on replacing the battery.

"It's okay, son."

It was quiet for a while longer. Then something caught his eye and he looked past the garage door.

"How are you and that Castiel boy?" He said lowly.

"Doing better. We've accepted apologies and are moving on easier. Why, what's with the sudden question?"

"He's driving up. That's his car, right?"

I stopped and looked around the car, seeing Cas's. I nodded. "Yeah that's him." Confusion crosses my features. Maybe the car needed more work and he just realized.

A groaning sound erupted and it took him a few moments to park.

Bobby got up and walked to his car, tapping on the window. Castiel rolled it down.

"Castiel?"

"Hello Mr. Singer. Do you possibly have time to do some work on my car?"

"What seems to be the problem?"

"The breaks, there's something not right with them."

"Up and out, let me test them."

I watched Castiel nod as he got out and watched as Bobby got in. He drove a little, the breaks groaning as I assumed they were trying to make the car stop.

Bobby leaned out of the window. "Damn, those are awful, boy!"

Castiel nodded, wincing a little at the screeching they made.

He stopped the car and got out, handing the keys back. "We'll work out a payment for brake replacement, Dean you're going to repair them, I'm off for lunch."

I nodded and took one of the creepers and a toolbox with the brake replacements over to his car.

I waved as Bobby drove off on his lunch break and watched as Castiel leaned against the hood of his car, watching as I laid down on the creeper and rolled under.

I made quick work, a comfortable silence between us the only sound that was heard was the clanking of the tools against the car.

"Is it easy?" Castiel suddenly asked.