30. Three Broken Hearts.

Castiel.

It was just after noon on the weekend and I still laid tangled in my bedsheets, the tv remote in hand as I absentmindedly flipped through channels.

When I saw Aaron and Dean during lunch Tuesday... It broke my heart even more.

I knew he did it because I was there, and I knew his friends helped with that.

And even though I wasn't entirely trusting of anyone right now... it still killed me to think that Dean might be with someone else.

I was just about to turn off the tv and get up for the first time that for the day when my phone went off. Seeing the ID, I wasn't entirely too happy.

I let it go to voicemail and that's when I got another call.

Agitated, I answered.

"What the hell do you want, Anna?"

"I need to talk to you, I want you to hear it from me." Anna's voice was shaking.

"Hear what? Some bullshit lies? I'm not interested." I knew I was being harsh but I wasn't in the mood to deal with this.

"Please. I want you to hear the truth... I know you don't talk to Dean and I want to fix that. It wasn't his fault."

That caught my attention.

"Samandriels' Cafe, 10 minutes." I said and hung up.

I jumped out of bed and pulled on some jogging pants and a loose shirt. I slid on some slides and grabbed my keys and sunglasses.

"Dad! I'm going out for about an hour, love you!"

I waited a moment.

"Alright, have fun! Don't do anything stupid!"

I rolled my eyes and left, going to the cafe. I plopped down at one of the empty tables outside and waited.

Just about 8 minutes later, Anna came walking up. She gently put herself in the chair across from me, not daring looking at me.

"What do you want?" I stayed relaxed but I was glad to have sunglasses on so she couldn't see my reactions. I tapped my foot in anticipation but she still didn't say anything. "Hello? Lost your voice? You seemed pretty chatty on the phone."

A few minutes went by before she finally said something.

"I- I'm sorry Cas." She said quietly.

I opened my mouth in fake surprise. "Oh my god, she speaks."

"This isn't funny. I really need to talk to you."

I put my hands out in shrug. "I've been waiting to listen."

"Okay... but please don't interrupt."

I nodded. "I'm all ears."

It took her a moment but I watched her take a deep breath. "The picture... it's fake. I mean, yes. Dean and I are in the picture. That picture was taken by one of his old friends... Crowley I think. I was jealous about you having a boyfriend and Crowley didn't want him with a guy. So I agreed to their plan of breaking you both up. I thought it wouldn't work but once I saw it did, I felt terribly sorry. And I really and truly am."

Anger flared up in my chest. "Is that all?"

"Yeah. That's the truth. It was all my fault and I've hated seeing you like this."

"So you made me believe that Dean was out there with other girls, specifically you?"

She nodded, looking at her lap.