{Sebastian} Christmas Surprises

My phone started to ring while I was sitting at home. It was the week of Christmas now. Barry and Iris really never left me alone about Audrey. 

I answered it, not bothering to look at the caller ID. I knew who it was. 

"Hey," I said. 

"I have a very serious and important question to ask you," she said quickly. Not even a hello. 

"Sure, babe, what is it?" I asked. 

"You wanna come to Nationals with me? It's in Chicago. If you don't, it's completely fine." I grinned from ear to ear. 

"Of course I would," I said. "I was going anyway." 

She made a small 'aww' sound. "And...can you meet me at my house? I have something else to tell you and I don't wanna say it over the phone." I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Yeah. I'll be there in twenty." 

"I'll see you then," she said, hanging up. 

That end was odd. 

-

I knocked on her front door. Audrey answered in pajamas and her hair in a messy bun. She closed the door and stood beside me outside. 

"I love you," she said, looking nervous. My face lit up. 

"I love you too," I said, pushing a stray piece of hair from her face. She grinned and kissed me. 

"I have been debating how to do that for days," she said. 

I laughed. "I have too. I was gonna say it on the phone, but you hung up and I decided it wasn't the best idea." 

I could look at her smile all day, every day. It was beautiful and contagious. If you were having an awful day, you could look at her and just be happy. 

-

It had been a stressful day after Audrey said she loved me. Not because of her, of course. It was because of the things coming from Central City.

I got an email from Dalton the day after my very stressful day.

"Dear Mr. Smythe,

We are sorry to inform you that you have been demoted as captain of the Dalton Academy Warblers following the loss at Sectionals. Your position has been filled by Hunter Clarington. Again, we are deeply sorry to inform you of your demotion. You are still very appreciated and a fantastic member of the Warblers.

Sincerely, 

Headmaster Green"

This week couldn't possibly get any better. 

Sarcasm intended.

-

"I just can't believe it!" I yelled into my phone, falling back on my bed. She sighed. 

"Seb, I'm sorry. It's not right. You were amazing." 

"I don't even know who they replaced me with. He hasn't even gone to Dalton, to my knowledge." 

"Who is it?" Audrey asked. 

I scoffed. "Some jerk named Hunter Clarington." 

The line went silent for a long time. "I know who that is," she whispered, seeming very shocked. 

"Who is it?" I asked. 

She sighed and waited a few seconds. "My ex." 

My eyes widened. I just got replaced with my girlfriend's ex? What the hell is that logic?

"Audrey," I said, almost in a whisper, "I'm sorry." 

"He's an asshole," she said, getting worked up. "And how is he even in high school?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"He graduated a year ago. He's 19." 

What the hell?

-

I'd told Barry and Iris about what happened with Dalton and how I was being replaced. 

"What the hell?" Barry asked through the phone. 

I sighed. "I don't know. He doesn't even go to Dalton. And what did I do wrong? I didn't do a single thing wrong." 

"We're talking about this tomorrow," Iris said, making be a bit confused. 

And then it hit me. I was leaving for Central City tonight. I wasn't even packed. 

"I am not even packed," I said, starting to throw my hair gels in a bag. 

"You have clothes here," Barry pointed out. 

I scoffed. "But I don't have hair products, Bartholomew." 

He sighed and dropped it. "See you tomorrow." 

"Bye, Barry. Goodbye, Iris," I said, smiling. 

"Bye," they both said. I hung up the phone and started to pack. 

::

idek what this is tbh. if y'alls got any ideas pls tell me. I'll try and incorporate it.