Garak - Human Tradition

You were just a normal Starfleet officer working on Deep Space Nine. You didn't have anything special about you. Besides the fact you were 3/4 Bajoran and you were dating Garak. You were raised on Earth with your mother, who was 1/2 Bajoran. You grew up around all the human traditions and actually celebrated both sides. It was only until you were stationed on DS9 did you actually visit Bajor.

It was around Christmas and you were feeling lonely. You couldn't go back to Earth to visit family. All you had was the crew aboard the station and Garak. You and Garak had been dating for two years by then.

He was absolutely lovely to you. He never yelled and he wasn't rude. Even though he was mean to everyone else, he wasn't to you. He doted on you as much as he could. Of course, he never acted that way towards you when anyone else was around. Very few people knew that you were dating Garak. When you told Kira, she obviously upset at first, but she got over it. She didn't glare at you or say anything rude about it.

You walked into Garak's shop and sat in a chair, huffing. You started biting the top of your fingers. Garak looked at you, a troubled look on his face.

"What's wrong, darling?" Garak asked. "Did I do something?"

You shook your head. "Nah, it's just that it's almost Christmas and I can't see my family."

Garak paused with his work and tilted his head towards you. "When's Christmas?"

"On the 25th. Why do you ask?"

Garak shrugged and continued working. "I was just curious."

"You're never curious about human tradition, Garak. What's up with that?"

"It's nothing, darling. Don't worry about it," Garak replied, keeping his attention on his work.

You didn't pay much attention to that. You actually brushed it off and forgot about it. On Christmas day, you were heading to your quarters that you shared with Garak. As you got closer to your room, you started to hear Christmas music. You brushed it off as another family. But you were wrong. When you stepped in, Christmas music hit you in the face and so did all the Christmas decorations. There was even a Christmas tree in the corner with presents underneath.

Garak came out of the bedroom and smiled proudly at you. "Do you like it?"

"Of course I do! It's great," you exclaimed.

"Come, sit. I made dinner," Garak said, motioning to the table.

There was candied yams - something your grandma made for you as a child and something you loved dearly - and turkey. You didn't like ham and Garak knew that. There were mashed potatoes and bread rolls. There was even cream corn. Basically, everything you loved.

"Thanks, Garak. How'd you make all this?" You asked.

"I replicated all of it besides the candied yams. I made those," Garak answered.

"How?" You asked, scooping some onto your plate. There were even cinnamon sticks in it.

"I got the recipe from your mother," Garak answered. "She was kind enough to give it to me."

"Thank you." You took a bite. It tasted just like the candied yams your grandma made. Your eyes widened. "These taste just like the ones my grandma make. Thanks!"

Garak smiled softly. "You're welcome, Y/N. Please, eat some more."

You ate everything on the table. By the end, you were stuffed. You and Garak went over the presents and you ripped open yours. It was great to have a Christmas. In the end, the floor around you was covered with wrapping paper. You looked up at Garak, a giddy smile on your face.

"Thanks, Garak. This was great," you said. "I loved all my presents."

Garak held up a finger and dug around in his pocket. "You got one more."

He pulled out a small box and opened it. It was a traditional Bajoran ring. It was beautiful. You covered your mouth and almost cried.

"I'm not the one for sentimental stuff but I'm absolutely in love with you, Y/N. You're beautiful," Garak said. "Will you marry me?"

You nodded and held out your hand. Garak slipped on the ring. You got up from the floor and hugged Garak. You kissed him passionately. You loved this Christmas.