T'Pol x Trip - It's Only Logical

She was beautiful to him. But she was the second in command. He was just an engineer. Why would logical being such as herself fall in love with an emotional human like him?

That was the question floating in Trip's head as he sat on the couch, an arm wrapped around T'Pol. Both of them were reading books. T'Pol was reading an Edgar Allen Poe book while Trip was reading some sci-fi book.

Trip stopped reading and was watching T'Pol. She's beautiful, logical, and smart.

"T'Pol," Trip asked in a low whisper. He knew she heard him. She was Vulcan, and Vulcans had hearing much superior to humans.

"Yes?" She asked in her usual monotone voice.

"Why would you, a logical Vulcan, be in love with an illogical human like me?" Trip asked, still talking in a low whisper. This time it was whispered in her ear. A visible shiver went down her spine. A crooked smile grew on his face.

"Because it's the only logical thing," T'Pol replied, looking up at him.

"Or is it because you love me?" Trip asked.

T'Pol glared at him for a moment before returning her gaze to her book. Trip's silly grin grew on his face.

"Love you too," Trip said. He gently kissed her ear and returned to his book.