McCoy

You stood there, watching McCoy. He was putting hypos in boxes. You've had a crush on him. There was a possibility that he liked you back. He would be a fool not to. You were stunningly beautiful. You had a pixie cut that was dyed blue, dark skin, and beautiful brown eyes. But there was always that small bit of doubt your mind.

You turned away and started folding and piling blankets and towels in the corner. You pushed McCoy out of your mind for a bit as you worked. This would take some time since no one here has wanted to do it for a few days.

A hand appeared, gripping your elbow. You turned to see McCoy standing behind you.

"Do you need help?" McCoy asked.

"No. I'm fully capable of doing this by myself," you answered.

"No. I'm going to help you," McCoy said, grabbing an unfolded blanket.

"Fine," you said, grabbing a towel and folding it. McCoy was folding the towels and blanket terribly, though.

"No, McCoy, you have to do it this way," you said, showing him how to fold the blankets and towels. He watched you closely and then copied what you were doing.

You and McCoy finished folding everything within a few minutes. You turned to McCoy and looked at him with a kind smile.

"Thanks for your help, Bones. I needed it," you said.

"You're welcome, y/n," Bones returned.

You turned and walked off. You wandered over to one of your friends, Nurse Diana, who was a nurse like you. She leaned over when you got to her.

"Doctor McCoy likes you," she whispered.

"No, he doesn't," you denied.

"Yes, he does. I see the way he looks at you. He loves you," Diana said.

You partially believed her. Why wouldn't you? Diana wouldn't lie to you and you sometimes say the way he looked at you when he thought you couldn't see him. You looked over at McCoy and he quickly looked away.

"Do you think I should ask him out?" You asked, still watching McCoy as he read something on a PADD. You looked back at Diana after a few seconds.

"If you love like you say you do, then yes, you should," Diana replied, sorting out nettles. You stood ther3 for a few minutes, gathering up the courage to ask him on a date. You weren't very confident, but you managed and turned to find McCoy.

He was leaning against a biobed, eating an apple while reading a PADD. You hopped on the bed next to him and leaned over, reading the PADD. He stopped eating his apple and looked at you, giving you the signature raised eyebrow. You gave him a shy smile and looked away.

"You know apples keeps the doctors away?" You asked, glancing at him as nervously scratched behind your ear.

"Does it keep nurses away?" He asked jokingly.

"Not that I know of, but I'll look into it," you said, smiling a little.

It fell quiet. You took a deep breath. It was now or never. You tangled your fingers and looked at McCoy. He was looking at his PADD.

"Doctor-" You were cut off by one of the nurses coming over. She handed a PADD to McCoy.

"Here's the report for the engineer who fell off one of the catwalks," she said, winking at McCoy.

He didn't seem to notice as he took the PADD. He thanked the nurse and she walked away, swaying her hips a little more than usual. McCoy wasn't even watching. He set aside the PADD and continued reading.

"McCoy, would you like to go on a date with me?" You asked, anxious for his answer.

McCoy stopped his reading and looked over at you. He stared at you for longer than you wanted him too.

You slid off the bed. "Never mind. Why would you want to go out with me?"

You started walking away but McCoy grabbed your arm and spun you around. He leaned down and placed his lips on yours. You faltered for a moment before kissing back. You grabbed the back of his head and kissed him harder.

He grabbed your hip with one of his hands, pulling you closer. You pulled back and rested your head on his chest. He rested his chin on your head.

"So you want to go on a date?" You asked.

"Sure. I was going to ask you sooner or later," McCoy answered.