| twenty six | upside down ‼️

•this was a request by @willow_the_queen_ thanks for requesting!•

- - -

today's the day. el has to kill the demogorgan, today. she could get hurt, she could die, literally the worst could happen. mike of course doesn't want her to do it.

"we can kill it some other way" he says.

but he knows that's not true. he knows that the only thing that can kill that thing is el. he just doesn't wanna lose her. again.

but it has to be done. that monster is causing so much trouble in the small town of hawkins.

so here we go. she's gonna kill it..

when she reached her arm out, she let out such a ear pinching scream. mike couldn't stand it, watching the girl he was in love with get hurt.

as she killed it, she was using so much of her power. she was becoming weaker and weaker.

she was drained. she didn't know how much longer she could make it.

as she let out one last scream and the last ounce of energy she had left, she killed it.. along with her self. but she didn't die..

she ended up in the upside down with the demogorgan. she doesn't know how she did it, but she did. mike just watched her disappear into thin air. he thought she was dead. he assumed the worst.

but then, he looked up and saw that lights were flickering.

"el."

he knew it was her. he just knew it.

and with that, he ran to any portal he could think of. after a while of running and searching, he found one. as soon as he saw it, he didn't even hesitate. he just jumped in and began running.

"el?"

"eleven?"

he yelled her name as he ran. he thought that he had lost her for good and he was stuck in the upside down. but no. he heard something. crying maybe?

he walked closer and closer to the sound. and it was el. he had found her.

when they saw each other they ran to each other and jumped into one another's arms.

"i can't believe i almost lost you."
-mike.

"you have me now."
-el.

"what about the demogorgan? what happened?"
-mike.

"it died."
-el.

"then let's get out of here."
-mike.

"okay. let's go."
-el.

and they held hands as they ran through the upside down searching for an exit.

when they finally found one, the realized that it was slowly closing.

only one of them can make it out..

they tried to make it, but only mike could crawl out. it closed as he was reaching his hand out for el to grab.

he lost her.

he was running and screaming while searching for another portal to get her out.

but he couldn't find one.

he went to joyce's house. he was gonna talk to her.

when he got there. he sat in front of the alphabet on the wall and began to speak to her.

"el? are you there"
-mike.

blink. blink. blink.

lights lit up over the three letters.
y. e. s.

"el i'm so sorry. i don't know how to get back in the upside down. i'm never gonna see you again and it's my fault because i should have let you go out first. i'm so sorry.."

blink.....

she was spelling something out. and it was a lot.

as it got clearer, mike noticed that she was saying that she loved him and she'll miss him, and that they will see each other again someday. promise.

"i love you el."

blink. blink. blink...

lights flickered as she spelled out
"i love you too."

"bye el."
mike said as he was crying.

blink. blink. blink...

"goodbye mike."

and with that, he went home crying. he just lost the love of his life, again.

he was so mad at himself.

but he trusted el. they will see each other again someday.

he just doesn't know when..

but he knows that she never breaks a promise.

okay hi! hope you guys liked this even though it was sad

okay hi! hope you guys liked this even though it was sad... :(

anyway thanks for the love!!

29k??? that's awesome!!! ☺️

okay bye!!!