Continuation (sanvers)

Continuation of the scene where Maggie calls her father in 3x3 (see above)

Alex is on her feet in an instant, crossing the room so she is standing in front of Maggie.

"What do you need? How can I help you?" Alex asks.

"Hold me," Maggie whispers. Alex immediately picks Maggie up and carries her to their bed, laying her down before crawling in beside her.

Alex wraps her fiance in her arms, holding her close as Maggie buries her head in Alex's chest.

"I don't know why I did that," Maggie whispers.

"Shh. It's alright. It's going to be okay, Mags," Alex soothes, brushing Maggie's dark locks out of her deep chocolate brown eyes.

"What if he doesn't accept me? Accept us? I know it shouldn't affect me this much but it does," Maggie murmurs, a single tear falling down her cheek. Alex kisses away the tear.

"You have every right to be upset, babe. He's your father, after all. If he doesn't accept you for you, then he doesn't know what he's missing. I see an awesome, brave woman who will do anything to protect her friends and family as well as her city. You are amazing and I love you so much. I'm here for you, ok?" Alex promises.

The detective nods and snuggles further into Alex.

"Sleep, baby. I've got you," Alex whispers, noticing Maggie's eyelids are heavy and she looks exhausted.

"Promise you'll never leave me? I couldn't handle it" Maggie whimpers.

"I promise. I love you. Forever and always, my love," Alex swears.

Maggie falls fast asleep in her lover's arms, Alex having put her mind at ease. Alex smiles softly down at Maggie, placing a loving kiss on her head before falling asleep as well, Maggie safe and sound in her strong arms.