I Missed You (Avalance)

Ava and Sara haven't seen each other in weeks due to their jobs

Ava sighs as she returns home to an empty house. Her wife and her have been very busy with their jobs so they haven't seen each other in weeks. Sara has had to sleep on the Waverider and Ava has worked crazy hours.

They both miss each other greatly. Ava heads to the bedroom to change into a pair of Sara's sweats and one of her hoodies that smells like Sara.

The tall woman then pulls back the covers and climbs into bed, pulling Sara's pillow to her chest. She wishes it was Sara in her arms and not just her pillow.

Ava breathes in Sara's scent, longing for her wife. She soon falls asleep, thinking of Sara.

******

Hours later, Sara quietly enters the house, placing her bag on a hook by the door.

The blonde enters the bedroom and a smile crosses her face. Ava is out cold, hugging Sara's pillow.

Sara grabs a pair of her pajamas before heading to the bathroom to brush her teeth and change quickly.

She heads back into the bedroom and carefully so as not to wake her sleeping wife, crawls into bed. As if on cue, Ava stirs and opens her eyes.

"Sara?" she asks groggily, hoping she isn't dreaming and that her wife is really right next to her.

"Hi baby. I'm finally home," Sara smiles.

Ava grins and sits up so she can kiss Sara lovingly. Sara runs her hands through Ava's long blonde locks and hums happily. They break apart for air and Ava snuggles up to Sara. Sara throws her arms around her wife, holding her close.

"I missed you," Ava whispers, clinging to Sara.

"I missed you too, Aves. So much," Sara replies, smiling lovingly down at her love.

Ava lets out a yawn and curls into Sara further.

"Get some sleep, baby. I'll be right here when you wake up," Sara promises.

"Okay. I love you, my Sara," Ava murmurs, her eyelids growing heavier and heavier with each passing second.

"I love you, my Ava," Sara whispers as she watches Ava drift off to sleep, her breathing evening out.

She places a kiss on top of her wife's head before falling asleep as well, happy to finally have Ava in her arms once more.