Telling The Girls (Toni and Shelby)

Shelby and Toni decide it's time to tell the girls about their relationship (no shark AU)

Toni and Shelby sit, watching the sun as it sets. The blonde rests her head on Toni's shoulder, causing the other girl to smile and wrap her arm around Shelby. A cool breeze blows, causing Shelby to shiver. Toni sheds her navy sweater with the mustard yellow elbow patches and holds it out for Shelby.

"Toni, you'll be cold without it," Shelby says.

"No, I won't. I'm used to the cold. You aren't. Take it, Shelbs," Toni encourages.

Shelby smiles thankfully and takes the sweater, pulling it over her head before curling into Toni once more.

"You look good in my clothes," Toni smirks, checking Shelby out.

Shelby blushes and leans in to kiss Toni, cupping the brunette's check softly. Toni kisses back for a few moments. She breaks the kiss to rest their foreheads together, staring lovingly into the blonde's eyes.

"I want to tell them," Shelby whispers, referring to the other girls.

"Tell them what?" Toni asks.

"About us. That is, if there is an us. I shouldn't have assumed," Shelby replies, pulling away from Toni.

Toni grabs her gently by the arm and pulls her in for another kiss. Shelby can't help but smile against Toni's lips.

Toni breaks the kiss and takes Shelby's face between her hands.

"Of course there's an us. So, Shelby Goodkind, will you be my girlfriend?" Toni asks.

"Gladly," Shelby smiles, pulling Toni into her arms for a hug.

"Oye! You two! It's dark! Come back to camp!" They hear Dot call.

"Come on," Toni says, getting up and reaching a hand out for the Texan.

Shelby takes Toni's hand. Toni helps her to stand up and they head back to camp, their hands brushing occasionally against one another's. They take a seat beside each other in front of the fire.

"Shelby, isn't that Toni's sweater?" Martha asks.

"Uh, yeah. We have something to tell y'all," Shelby says, fidgeting with the hem of the sweater nervously.

Everyone looks at Shelby and waits for her to continue. Toni smiles encouragingly at the blonde, knowing she needs to let Shelby do this on her own.

"I know y'all think I'm homophobic, but I'm not. It's how I was raised to be, but I'm not. I.. I'm gay. I'm wearing Toni's sweater because we're together. She's my girlfriend," Shelby informs her friends.

"Wait really?" Rachel asks.

Shelby nods, looking nervously at Toni. Toni takes her hand.

"Yeah, really. She's my girlfriend so I don't want to hear any more shit about her, okay?" Toni confirms.

Everyone nods, Fatin, who has known since the start, smirking. They know not to mess with Toni. They all continue talking like nothing has happened. Martha pulls Toni aside.

"Is she just a fling or is she like Reagan? She's my friend, Toni. You're my best friend, but she's my friend too," Martha asks.

Toni looks over at Shelby, who is laughing with their friends.

"She's so much more than a fling, Marty. I'm falling in love with her," Toni admits.

"Okay, good. She's good for you," Martha nods.

"Yeah, she is," Toni smiles.

The pair head back and sit down once more. Soon, they all tuck in for the night, Shelby in Toni's arms, her head resting on the brunette's chest, a smile on both of their faces.