Battle Scars (Avalance)

Ava sees Sara's scars for the first time. Prompt by @KeomaWright

"Sara, I'm here," Ava calls as she enters Sara's room on the Wave Rider.

Sara, who is in the middle of putting her shirt on, turns around and curses. All of Sara's scares are on display for Ava to see.

"Sara, I'm so sorry, baby. I thought you would be dressed. Please don't be mad at me," Ava says anxiously, looking towards the floor to give Sara some privacy.

Sara takes a deep breathe to calm herself and throws her shirt to the floor, leaving her in her black sports bra. She sits on her bed and holds a hand out for Ava.

Ava glances up and takes her girlfriend's hand, allowing the shorter blonde to pull her closer. Their eyes meet.

"I'm not mad at you, Aves. It's about time you saw them, baby. I know they're not pretty, but they're there," Sara sighs, feeling insecure.

Ava pushes Sara down onto the bed and looks at Sara for consent. Sara is unsure of what Ava is about to do, but she knows she can just say the word and Ava will stop, so she nods her consent.

Ava places a soft, loving kiss to Sara's lips before kissing every single scar that covers her girlfriend's beautiful body. Sara instantly relaxes at the feeling of the taller blonde's soft, warm lips on her skin.

When Ava is finished kissing every scar, she kisses her way back up to Sara's lips.

"Sara Lance, you are the most beautiful women I have every laid eyes on. So what, you have some battle scars. They are beautiful just like you and you should never ever be ashamed of them, baby," Ava says.

Sara smiles up at her, happy tears filling her eyes as she pulls Ava down for a kiss.

Sara knows that she has found the women she is meant to be with. The women who will always love her, battle scars and all.