I Can't Sleep Without You (Noralise AU)

Mary Louise has to stay up late to do some reports for the company she works for and Nora can't sleep without her fiancé snuggled up beside her.

Nora sighs as she turns over in bed. She has been tossing and turning for hours.

Normally, the moment Mary Louise's arms are around her, she is out cold, but tonight, Mary Lou has to stay up late doing reports for the company she works for.

Fed up with the tossing and turning and watching the clock, waiting for her fiancé to come to bed, Nora decides to get out of bed and walk to the living room where she finds the blonde, dressed in her pajamas, typing furiously on her laptop computer.

"Mare," Nora whines, crossing the room to sit beside Mary Lou.

"Why aren't you in bed, my love? Did you have a nightmare?" Mary Louise asks worriedly, closing her laptop and turning to face her fiancé.

"No, I just couldn't sleep without you holding me," Nora replies, yawning.

"Well, I just finished my last report. Come on. Let's go to bed," The blonde smiles, placing her laptop on the coffee table before scooping up Nora bridal style.

Nora snuggles sleepily into Mary Lou's chest as her lover carries her to their bedroom.

As carefully as she can, Mary Louise lays Nora down on the bed, covering her up with a duvet before snuggling in beside her.

Nora shifts over so she can rest her head on Mary Lou's chest. May Louise wraps her arms around the brunette, placing a loving kiss on the top of her head.

"Sleep, Nora. I'm here now," Mary Louise whispers.

"I love you," Nora murmurs.

"I love you too, darling," is the last thing Nora hears before she finally slips into a deep sleep, wrapped safe and sound in her fiance's arms.