Soulmates (Brittana)

Prompt by @WolfJuliaFS
A/N there is loads of angst but a happy ending I swear                      -lovelygaypoison

The Roman Empire, 64 A.D

Brittany S. Pierce smiles and opens her eyes, turning over in the bed and to face her lover, Santana Lopez. The pair is madly in love, but no one knows it. They live in Ancient Rome and Brittany has been promised to a young man named Sam Evans, who she is to marry in one weeks time. The brunette stirs and her brown eyes flutter open to stare lovingly at Brittany. "Good morning, beautiful," Santana purrs. "Morning, Sanny," Brittany replies. She can tell something is wrong, however. Her love's eyes look worried and scared. "What's wrong, Santana?" Brittany asks, concerned. "I don't want you to marry trouty mouth. I want you to marry me. Once you're married, he has control over you. I don't want to lose you, Britt-Britt," Santana sighs, her eyes clouding over with tears. "I don't want to marry him either, my daring. I want to marry you. I love you, Santana. Forever and always," Brittany replies, stroking dark locks of hair out of her lover's eyes. "What are we going to do, Britt?" Santana sobs, burrowing her face into Brittany's chest. "I don't know, San. I don't know," Brittany sighs sadly.

******

One week later, it is the day of Brittany's wedding. Both girls are miserable and Santana is doing her best to not cry as she watches the love of her life standing with Sam. She has to stop this. She can't let Brittany marry Sam Evans. The official paper is about to be signed and the brunette can't take this anymore. "Stop it! Can't you see she doesn't want this?" Santana screams, rushing up to Brittany's father, Pierce, who is the head of the town. "Santana, go sit down. Now!" Pierce orders angrily. "No. I love her. I love your daughter, sir," Santana says, standing her ground. "Shame on you! A woman cannot love another woman. Kill her," Pierce growls. A guard raises his spear and before either girl can react, stabs Santana straight through the heart. "No! Santana!" Brittany cries, rushing away from Sam to catch Santana as she crumbles to the ground. Warm, red blood spills all over, staining her cream colored woolen stola crimson red. "No. Santana, stay with me. Please don't die," Brittany begs. "I love you, Brittany. Forever," Santana murmurs weakly as her eyes close for the last time. Brittany begins to sob uncontrollably and holds her lover's lifeless body close. Then, anger fills her. Before her father or Sam can react, Brittany has taken the spear out of Santana's chest and stabs herself through the heart. The blonde collapses, holding her lover tightly as she slips away as well.

The Salem Witch Trials, 1692

It's the time of the Salem Witch Trials. Since they are soulmates, Brittany and Santana are together and remember their past lives. "Britt, we can't," Santana pants as her love places kisses all over her jawline and neck. "It's okay, love. My parents think you're with Blaine. Mine think I'm with Kurt," Brittany husks. Blaine and Kurt are their best friends, who are also a secret couple. Santana pretends to be with Blaine and Brittany pretends to be with Kurt. It works out nicely. "Please, Sanny. Let me make love to you," Brittany begs. "Okay. Make love to me Britt. I need you," Santana begs, her eyes darkening with lust. Brittany grins and kisses Santana passionately, hands creeping up her dress slowly. Suddenly, the door to the tiny shack they are in flys open. There stands Brittany's father, who is furious. "I knew it. I knew my daughter was a witch!" He screams, running over and pulling Brittany off Santana. Santana meets Brittan's eyes and they both know something bad is about to go down.

******

Days later, Santana watches with tears streaming down her miserable looking face as Brittany is tried for witchcraft. Countless witnesses, mostly men who are angry Brittany won't sleep with them, as well as Brittany's own father, testify. Santana knows it's hopeless. The love of her life is going to be hanged. "After much deliberation, the grand jury and I declare this woman a witch. She will be hanged tomorrow morning," The head jury member decides. Brittany meets Santana's eyes as she is led away. "It's okay. I love you," The blonde mouths. Early the next morning, she is hanged. Santana screams as it happens and then it is over. The love of her life is dead. Blaine is there to hold her as she sobs uncontrollably. "May we meet again, my love," Santana whispers. Santana lives a lonely life. She never marries or has children. Her heart is broken from the loss of her lover. The day she dies, when her final breath leaves her body, she sees Brittany waiting for her.

The 1900s

Santana and Brittany are cuddled up on the blonde's bed. Brittany has her arms wrapped tightly around Santana's bare waist. "Please don't die on me in this life, okay? I saw you hanged, Britt. It was hell," Santana whispers, clinging to Brittany. "I'll try not to, baby. But you can't die on me either. You got stabbed. Your blood was everywhere, Sanny. I will never be able to get that image out of my mind, Brittany shudders, clinging to Santana. "I'll try, sweety. I'll try," Santana whispers, wiping away the tears streaming out of Brittany's eyes. The pair snuggles for a few more hours before Santana gets dressed heads home for the night.

******

"Hello?" Brittany yawns as she answers the home phone. It is late at night and she's home alone due to her parents being away on vacation. "Hello. May I please speak to Ms. Brittany Pierce?" A man's voice asks. "This is she. Is everything alright?" Brittany asks, becoming concerned. "No. I'm Dr. Shuester. Ms. Santana Lopez was hit by a truck on her walk home an hour ago. You are listed as her emergency contact. I'd get here fast. She is in critical condition," Dr. Shuester informs the blonde. "Oh god. Okay. I'll be there as fast as I can," Brittany replies, hanging up the phone. She rushes to grab her shoes and car keys. Hoping in her car, she drives as fast as possible to the Lima Heights Hospital. She parks in the ER parking and rushes inside. "Hello. I'm looking for Santana Lopez," She says to the lady sitting behind the front desk. Just as the lady opens her mouth to answer, a middle-aged man with brown hair in a doctor's coat approaches Brittany. "Ms.Pierce, I take it?" He asks. "Yes. Where is Santana? Is she okay?" Brittany says, her blue eyes full of worry. "She is in the ICU. You may see her, but... I would say your goodbyes. Her injuries are so severe that there isn't anything we can do for her," Dr. Shuester sighs sadly. Brittany nods and follows the doctor to Santana's room. He leaves her alone with her soulmate. Brittany crawls into bed beside Santana and holds her close. She listens to the brunettes heart beat grow slower and slower until hours later, it stops.

San Fransisco, 2018
After all their lifetimes of suffering and death, Brittany and Santana are finally happy and safe. They live in a small apartment in downtown San Fransisco and attend college there. The pair are cuddled on the couch, Brittany in Santana's arms. "Hey Brit?" Santana asks. "Yeah baby?" Brittany replies. "Marry me," Santana requests. Brittany turns to face her, a wide grin spreading across her face. "Yes. Yes. Yes,"