Shot (Wayhaught)

Nicole gets shot trying to stop a bank robbery

"Hello?" Waverly says, picking up her cell.

"Waves, it's me," Wynonna replies, her voice worried.

"Wynonna? What happened?" Waverly asks.

"It's Nicole. There was a bank robbery and she got shot in the chest. Come to the hospital. She's barely hanging on," Wynonna says before hanging up.

Waverly grabs her coat and keys. She drives to the hospital ask fast as she can. She finds Wynonna sitting in the waiting room.

"Where is she? Where is my girlfriend?!" she asks her sister.

"They took her into surgery. It'll be hours before she's out," Wynonna replies.

"Oh god. Wynonna I can't loose her," Waverly sobs.

Wynonna is on her feet in an instant, taking her baby sister into her arms.

"Shh. Nicole's tough. She'll be ok," Wyonna soothes.

******

Hours later, the doctor comes out.

"Who is here for Nicole Haught?" She asks.

Waverly immediately stands up. "I'm her girlfriend, Waverly," Waverly says.

"Pleasure to meet you. I'm Dr. Jones. I operated on Nicole. She's going to be just fine. Would you like to see her? She isn't wake yet but she should be waking up soon," the doctor informs Waverly. Waverly glances at Wynonna.

"Go see your girlfriend, baby girl." Wynonna says.

"Yes please," Waverly replies, turning back towards the Dr. Dr. Jones leads Waverly to room 110 and leaves to give her some privacy, closing the door behind her.

Tears fill Waverly's eyes as she takes in Nicole, who is laying unconscious in the hospital bed. Nicole is so pale and has an IV in her arm.

Waverly sits in the chair by her bedside and gingerly takes her hand in hers.

"My poor brave baby, always getting hurt trying to help people. I'm here, Nicole. Just please open your eyes," Waverly whispers, placing a kiss on Nicole's forehead.

After a few minutes, Nicole stirs and opens her eyes and looks around frantically.

"Hey, shh. It's ok. You're going to be ok," Waverly soothes.

"What happened?" Nicole asks, gripping Waverly's hand.

"You were shot in the chest stopping that bank robbery, but you're going to be just fine," Waverly informs Nicole, tears falling down her face.

She hates seeing Nicole laying there, bandages on her chest. Waverly feels so helpless. She wasn't able to stop Nicole from getting hurt and almost dying.

"Love, why are you crying? I'm going to be ok, you said it yourself," Nicole asks.

"I.. I could have lost you," Waverly hiccups.

"Oh baby. Come here," Nicole soothes, opening her arms for Waverly.

"I don't want to hurt you," Waverly hiccups.

"You won't, I promise. Please baby. I need you in my arms. I need to hold you close tonight," Nicole begs.

Waverly smiles tearfully and clambers into the hospital bed beside Nicole. Nicole wraps her arms around Waverly, holding her close.

"I love you so much. Please never ever leave me," Waverly whispers.

"I won't. I promise my love," Nicole swears, sealing the promise with a kiss.