Injured (Emison)

Emily is hurt working for the Rosewood police force and Alison cares for her. (Police Force AU) 

"Hello?" Alison asks as she answers her phone. "Alison, it's Toby. There's been an accident," Toby replies. Alison's heart sinks in her chest. Her wife is in the Rosewood police force and Toby is her partner. The three of them are close and if he's calling in the middle of the day, something must have happened with Emily. "What happened to my wife? Where is Emily?" Alison immediately says anxiously. "She's at the hospital. Ali, it's just a broken leg. A bad one, but she's going to be fine. Emily tripped chasing a robber. We got him though," Toby informs the blonde. "Okay. I'm on my way now," Alison replies, grabbing her shoes and keys before heading outside. "See you soon," Toby states before hanging up. Alison drives as quickly as is legally permitted to the hospital. She parks her car and heads inside. There, she finds Toby sitting in the waiting room. "Toby, where is she?" Alison asks, rushing up to him. " First room on the right. I offered to stay with her until you got here but she told me to go home. I decided to wait here just in case though," Toby explains. "Okay, thanks. Now go home and see Spencer," Alison says. Toby nods and stands up, hugging his friend before leaving to go home and see his wife. Alison heads to Emily's room and opens the door. She finds Emily sitting up in bed, her left leg in a cast, IV in her hand. "Hey babe," Emily smiles weakly. "Hi," Alison replies, tears forming in her blue eyes as she makes her way to her wife. The blonde takes a seat in a chair beside Emily's bedside and reaches for the brunette's hand. Emily intertwines their fingers. "Love, why are you crying?" she asks, using her free hand to brush away Alison's tears. "I could have lost you, Em. It could have been a bullet to the chest or to the head instead of just a broken leg. It could have been a cop showing up at our door, saying that you were killed in the line of duty," Alison explains tearfully. "But I wasn't. You won't ever lose me, my love. I'm right here, Ali," Emily soothes, reaching up to wipe away her wife's tears. Alison nods and places a loving kiss on the brunette's lips. "Now, take me home," Emily requests, making puppy dog eyes. "Okay, love," Alison says, smiling and laughing at the adorable women she is lucky enough to call her wife.

******

Hours later, night has fallen. The pair lay tangled in each other's arms in their bed. Alison's head is on Emily's chest, her arms wrapped tightly around the other woman. "I love you, Em. I'm glad you're okay," Alison whispers. "I love you too, honey, and I will never leave you. I promise," Emily assures her wife. Alison nods, letting out a yawn. "Go to sleep, Alison. I've got you," Emily soothes, stroking the blonde locks out of her wife's eyes. Soon, Alison is fast asleep. "Goodnight, Ali. I promise I'll be here to love you forever," Emily whispers before drifting off as well, safe and sound in the blonde's arms.