02 | unrequited

Jisoo doesn't know what's with Seokjin. He's in a sour mood ever since she told him that Jinyoung will be hanging out with the two of them today. The two of them are friends for years now and Jinyoung's also her friend. Can't he act kind towards him and not like a frowning old man?

Jisoo sighs and focuses her attention to Jinyoung, who was trying to catch her attention, while side-eyeing Seokjin. Is inviting Jinyoung to hang out with them really a big deal? The two of them spend everyday with each other's presence, so why is he in a foul mood?

"I met Mark when I was in highschool and until then, we still have each other's backs," Jinyoung tells her—completely ignoring Seokjin—with a smile.

Jisoo also flashes him a smile—that makes Seokjin let out a silent scoff—and says, "Seokjin and I are also friends since highschool. We did so many crazy things and we decided to be friends—best friends actually." She looks at Seokjin and smiles at him. Seokjin rolls his eyes and turns his gaze outside. Jisoo's smile falters.

"I can see that. You two are inseparable," Jinyoung says, looking at her eyes. Jisoo gave him a forced smile. "Yeah," she mumbles.

"So, I was thinking, can I, um, take you out for dinner this Friday?" Jinyoung asks Jisoo with hopeful eyes.

Seokjin's jaw clenches upon hearing his question. He turns to look at Jisoo—who is nodding her head eagerly and her eyes shining with happiness—and decided it's enough. He can't take it anymore.

He stands up and mumbles a goodbye. When he is finally outside the cafe, he walks aimlessly. He can't believe she agreed so fast. After all these years, why can't she—

"Seokjin, are you okay?"

He turns his head and his eyes focuses on Jisoo whose eyes are filled with worry. She is holding his wrist so tight and he gulps. She can't do this to him.

"I'm fine," he mutters a short reply, soflty pushes her hand away and proceeds on walking.

Jisoo shakes her head and follows him. "C'mon, Seokjin. You can tell me. Is it something I did?" He didn't respond. She continues, "Or I said? Is it about Jinyoung? Seokjin, I'm sorry okay I just—" He cuts her words with, "What? You just what? Can't you even see it, Jisoo?" He looks at her with his eyes filled with hurt. She wants to take that pain away.

"What do you mean 'it'?" she asks looking confused and concerned. Seokjin laughs bitterly and shakes his head, "Yeah. You really don't see it."

Jisoo frowns upon hearing his words. "Then, tell me what is this 'it'. I might kno—"

"No, you don't," he says with a bitter smile. "You really don't know. Because if you did, you should've walked away from me."

She's confused and anxious and worried. What the hell is he talking about? Why would I leave him?

"I don't understand," she says truthfully. Seokjin looks away.
"You look at him like he's the center of your world."

Jisoo is more confused right now.
Seokjin looks at her, his eyes well up with tears and utter the words.

"You look at him the way I want you to look at me," he quietly says. His voice cracks and he's trying so hard not to cry in front of the girl who will get his heart broken again and the girl who has his heart in her hands without even realizing it.

She stares at him with wide eyes. "W-What?" She searches his eyes for an answer but all she could see is pain all over it. Seokjin laughs forcefully.

"I guess you need to know," he stares at the ground and continues, "I've been chasing after you since the day we met without you knowing. I was hoping—still hoping—that you will look back at me. But after all these years, you still have your back facing in front of me—telling me that I should stop chasing after the girl I'm in love with who doesn't love me back. I was hoping and still hoping that the meaning of my actions will reach you one day. But, it didn't and it never will." Tears falling in his eyes and he laughs bitterly while wiping his tears, feeling pathetic. Jisoo stares at him with unshed tears welling up in her eyes wanting to wipe his tears away.

"I—" He stops her and says, "You don't need to feel sorry. It's not your fault. It's okay." She shakes her head and tries to tell him but he waves his hand—not wanting to receive another punch in the heart. He gave her a forced smile. Jisoo wants to scream at him and tell him that it's not okay.

"Well, Jinyoung's probably waiting for you. You should've been talking to him nonstop now, but you ended up hearing my disgusting confession," he tells her. She wants to shout but instead, she shakes her head at his words.

He laughs, "You don't need to lie. I'm going now. Goodbye!" He waves his hand at her and she just looks at him with tears falling down. He turns forward and his tears once again betrayed him. He tries to wipe them away but they fall endlessly. He laughs at how pathetic he feels.

He walks away with his heart broken again by the girl who broke his heart countless times without knowing. He walks away even before she can walk away from him.

I finally had the time to update lmao. So, I hope you guys love it and please vote and also comment. Let me know your thoughts on this 😊