52 | forced

"I fucking hate you."

Her venomous words pierced through the tensed air. Her chest heaved in and out as angry tears rolled down her face. She glared sharply at the person in front of her who couldn't help but slump his shoulders in defeat.

"It's not my fault that we are forced into marriage," he retorted, carefully speaking. He tried to stay calm as possible.

She scoffed before wiping her tears furiously. "If you fucking objected too, we should've been free," she said while glaring at him. "But what did you do? You were just there nodding like an obedient dog."

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at her. "You know damn well that wouldn't change anything. We can't escape no matter what we do."

"We can if you just—"

"Keep saying to yourself that. It will do you good," he mockingly said before retreating.

It wasn't because Jungkook wanted to marry her, it was because he knew damn well they couldn't escape their parents because the marriage was already planned since they were probably babies. They couldn't do anything but obey them.

For months in to their engagement, Jungkook tried to get to know her or be friends with her because they would be together for years and he wouldn't want his soon-to-be-wife to ignore him all the time. In the back of his mind, he wanted the marriage to work. He wanted the both of them to be friends even not lovers. But all his efforts were dismissed by her.

It was evident that she badly didn't want to marry him or even be civil with him. Yein wanted nothing but to destroy this marriage. But she couldn't do that, not when her parents were so happy for her. Not when this was what her parents wanted for her.

Still, she gave him the cold shoulder. She would only act like she was happy with him when both of their parents were there. Then she would ignore him whenever she can.

It was safe to say that she despised him.

***

"Do you, Jeon Jungkook, take Jeong Yein as your wife? Do you promise to be faithful to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and to honor her all the days of your life?"

Taking a deep sigh, Jungkook firmly replied, "I do."

"Do you, Jeong Yein take Jeon Jungkook as your husband? Do you promise to be faithful to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love him and to honor him all the days of your life?"

Then there was a moment of silence as she just stood there staring at the priest anxiously. The priest looked at the both of them with a questioning gaze. Jungkook turned his head towards her and took her shaking hand. Her eyes gazed at him—fear, anxiousness, and anger were swimming in them. He just gave her a small reassuring smile in hopes to calm her down. Yein took a last glance at him before detaching her hand from him.

"I-I do," she answered with a shaky breath.

"Therefore, it is my pleasure to now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride!" the priest happily pronounced.

Both Yein and Jungkook stood their in front of the altar with shaking hands. They did kiss a few times just for show, but this kiss was to seal that their marriage. That they were really bound with each other for years to come.

Jungkook quickly gathered himself calmly and turned to Yein who had her eyes fixed on the ground. He gently lifted her veil with anxious hands. Yein just stood there with tears in her eyes.

He softly grabbed her chin to make her look at him. They stared for a moment. Her sight were getting blurry with the tears welling up. When it rolled down her cheeks, Jungkook caught it with his thumbs and wiped them away. He then leaned forward and gently kissed her cheeks.