61 | unreal

disclaimer: i dont know how psychiatrists and asylums really work and all so please forgive me if i made mistakes. this is pure fiction. 

"Mr. Park, it's nice of you to finally join me here."

The said man sheepishly bowed his head, his cheeks tinged with red. "I'm so sorry, Doctor Kim. I was just helping Doctor Yoo with her surgical"

Seokjin chuckled. "Don't worry, Jimin, I already know. I was just messing with you. But, don't be late next time. Psych ward is getting busy nowadays," he muttered as his eyes scanned the room through the glass door. Jimin turned to also look at the interior of the room and saw a lone figure. A young woman.

He looked at the name on the paper. Kim Jiyeon. Age, twenty-four.

How familiar.

"Take everything down. The patient seemed anxious, scared, and somehow hysterical. Thought process. Disorganized and deep with hallucination," Seokjin said while still staring at the figure with furrowed brows.

Jimin looked at him in confusion, the board and pen still in his hands. "I'm sorry to ask this, Doc, but why didn't you wrote this when you performed the psychiatric evaluation with herif you already did?"

The latter just stared at him. After a moment, he replied, "She went hysteric when she saw those things. She knew I was going to do some evaluation, so I hid those and just carry on observing her behavior."

Jimin nodded, before turning to look at the young woman who was now sleeping. 

"The patient showed symptoms of schizophrenia. Her violent behavior towards the nurses even more showed that the patient is capable of doing dangerous things, even murder."

Jimin stopped writing. His head quickly snapped up to look at the lone woman. 

"D-Did she...?"

Seokjin gave him a serious nod before continuing, "The patient's history is one of the factors triggering the disorder, however, we would further observe and evaluate the patient. That's all."

"Kim Jiyeon...Is she who I think she is?" the young nurse asked after a few moment of silence. 

Seokjin merely nodded. "She is suspected of killing her own mother. She just got here earlier by her father who instructed the facility to not say anything. It would be a big loss for their companies if the public knows that their only daughter is a killer and a mental patient," he lowly replied. 

"Does that mean that her mother was the one triggering the demons in her head?" Jimin asked. 

"That's for us to find out."

*** 

"Miss Kim, it's time for lunch," Jimin softly spoke behind her.

She stopped murmuring and slowly turned around. Jimin met her vulnerable eyes making him gulp. She stared at him for a moment before shaking her head.

"I don'tI can't eat," she stated. 

The young man tilted his head in confusion. "But you can, miss. You should. It is important for"

"I said I can't! I don't deserve to eat," she snapped, tears welling up her eyes.

"I don't see the reason why you don't deserve to eat, miss."