save me

"Yein! He proposed to me! Can you believe that?"

Yes, she actually can. All those years, she knew. Yein knew they would eventually get married. She knew she wouldn't have a chance with him. Now, she was there at the hospital to undergo surgery.

Hanahaki disease. 

She was battling with this for years. This holidays, she decided to stop the pain, the heartbreak, and just stop everything that was hurting her.

Yein sighed, looking at her phone's screen after ending the call. 

"So, why are you so gloomy again?" the voice asked. Yein looked up at the said voice and rolled her eyes.

"Shut up."

"I mean, you were also gloomy yesterday, so I'm not surprised you're like that again," the man casually told her. 

"Well, my life is shit, that's why," she muttered quietly. The man stopped what he was doing and stared at her. He shook his head.

"What happened?"

"He is getting married," Yein sadly answered. The man frowned. He then walked towards her, but she rushed towards the bathroom.

There, red petals were surrounding the bathroom floor. Yein helplessly pour out the petals. Her throat and her heart felt like there were thorns piercing them. Her eyes stung with tears.

She turned around and said with tears in her eyes, "Please save me."

The man suddenly felt the familiar pain in his throat. And unknowingly, in his heart. 

He couldn't stop it. He felt the petals wanting to break free. He was confused. He wasn't even thinking or longing for his unrequited love, but why was his throat in pain? Why was his heart constricting? 

Why?

Right then and there, he suddenly vomit red petals. 

He looked at it in shock. How did his yellow petals turn into red?

Yein looked at him in shock, "Jungkook, why are your petals like mine? Weren't they supposed to be yellow?"

Jungkook looked at her with eyes and answered, "I don't know. I don't really know. Shit."

Yein stared at him carefully, "A-Are you―no, that's impossible." She stared at his petals. They were like hers. Red tulips. True love.

His petals were supposed to be yellow tulips. Hopeless love.

"No, am I what?"

"No, this is bullshit. What I was thinking is bullshit and impossible."

"What? Just continue what you were saying."

"A-Are you in love with me?" Yein hesitantly asked him. Jungkook's eyes widen in shock.

He tried to speak, but he couldn't. He was speechless. Am I in love with her?

"Forget it."

"N-No. I―" he tried to speak, but the nurse cut him off.

"Mr. Jeon Jungkook. Your operation will start after an hour. We need to prep you, sir."

Jungkook sighed and nodded. He walked towards the door, but turned around to look at her one last time.

There, she was looking back at him. Her eyes were shining with tears. 

3 weeks later

"Um, hi."

Yein turned around. The voice was familiar. Too familiar. 

"J-Jungkook?"

"Yes, Yein. How are you?" he casually asked her. Yein couldn't help but admire him. It's been weeks since they last saw each other. Since that day.

"I'm fine. My scar is healing pretty much quickly. How about you?" she happily asked. 

Yein underwent surgery a few hours after Jungkook that day. After seeing him vomiting those red petals, she was eager to undergo surgery.

"I'm perfectly fine. I've been doing good ever since that surgery," he said with a smile towards her. 

Yein smiled back, "That's great."

Jungkook grinned at her, "Yeah."

There, they looked at each other. Maybe finding love or already found love with each other.

A/N: jeongin is THAT ship yall. i love my parents