Is She Okay? : Part 47

Taro's POV

Oh yeah! The ambulance! I quickly carried Ayano's dying body outside, the ambulance parked and waiting. A medic ran out of the ambulance and took Ayano's body from me, setting her out on a stretcher.

"Is she gonna b-be okay?" I stuttered, watching as the paramedic pressed gauze against her gun wound.

"Umm....well..." the paramedic said, avoiding my gaze. My heart dropped to my stomach until a lady came out of the front of the truck and patted me on the back.

"She's gonna be just fine, sweetie. Now, why don't you tell me what happened?"

I ended up in the truck, sitting on a cramped bench next to the lady. I lied straight through my teeth, saying whatever came to my mind first.

"So, I walked inside the house, right? It belongs to Yui Rio, and I knew Ayano was uh...staying there. I was gonna surprise Ayano, but I erm...heard a scream. Yui was standing there, and Ayano had a gun to herself. She...she was gonna shoot herself" I said, forcing tears to come to my eyes. The lady handed me a tissue, sympathy in her eyes.

"Go on," she encouraged. I sighed, racking my brain for more lies.

"I immediately tried to push the gun out of Ayano's hand, but I accidentally just pointed it at Yui. Before Ayano knew what happened, she pulled the trigger and..." I said, a real tear coming out of my eye.

I just killed someone. And it was finally sinking in.

"I rushed to Yui's side to assess the damage, but before I knew what was happening, I heard another gunshot and...and then Ayano..." I sobbed. The love of my life could die because of what I did. How horrible was I?

"Well young man, I'm very, very sorry to hear that" the lady replied, pulling me into a tight hug.

Suddenly, I heard a cough.

Ayano.

I immediately looked at her. Her face was pale, but still beautiful. Her eyes were missing their usual lively glow, but I still felt flustered whenever I looked into them.

"T-taro??" she whispers. Her eyes flash with confusion, then anger.

"Y-you! I-It's y-y-you!" she says, glaring at me. The woman seems to not notice, but the paramedic does. He looks at me, an accusing stare on his face.

"What does she mean?" he asks.

"Umm...I have no idea, must be shock or something from shooting herself."

I mean, it's not completely a lie.

"You! It was Y-YOU!" she screams, before wincing in pain. Now the lady pays attention, her face morphing into one of confusion.

"Sweetie, why do you keep saying that? Are you okay?" lady asks. Ayano shakes her head, a tear running down her cheek.

"I...I won't say anything. But you know what you did" she says, a tone of defeat in her voice. She slumps back down on her cot again, forcefully closing her eyes. I can't tell if she's just in extreme pain, or if she's trying to force herself to sleep. The lady turns back to me, her eyes trained on mine.

"What is she talking about?"

-

-

-

Ayano's POV

In the future, I'll probably regret not turning him in. I'll regret letting him get away with what he did. I'll regret keeping silent.

But I did the exact same.

I've killed before. I've hidden bodies before. I've broken friendships, broken hearts, and broken bones before.

And I got away with it all.

So to turn him in for doing this would be stupid. It would be hypocritical.

But I really wish I could turn him in.

I force my eyes shut, making myself think about something, anything else. My mind goes to Akihito and Satoshi. If they were still here, what would they be doing? Would they be crying over my dying body? Would they be beating up Taro? Would they be holding my hand, telling me over and over again that it'd be okay?

God, I missed them.

And what about Budo?

He WAS my first boyfriend...although we never really interacted much, he still meant something to me. He helped me get over Taro. He unintentionally helped me through my murderous ways.

Yui...Yui is...well was my best friend. Even though we barely hung out until she passed, she'd always be with me. Cheesey, yes, but very true. Yui Rio, I'll really miss you.

Mom and dad...while mom could be a bit...controlling...at times, she's still my mom, and yes, I still love her. I once thought I was incapable of emotion, and in a way, mom helped me through that. Dad didn't play a very big role in my life, but I loved him regardless.

And with all these happy thoughts in my head, I forgot about the hole in my stomach.

I FINALLY UPDATED, I KNOW!! SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING :(( I ALMOST FAILED SCIENCE, BUT I WAS ABLE TO PULL MY AVERAGE UP TO AN 89 (I FAILED MY FIRST SCIENCE TEST WHOOPS LMAO) AND I WAS SUPER PROUD CUZ I STUDIED SUPER HARD ON MY OTHER TESTS AND GOT 90'S!!! BUT YEAH THAT'S MY LIFE.

~Allie