MY TAKE ON NET NEUTRALITY

OKAY SO YOU GUYS HAVE PROBABLY HEARD OF THIS SOMEWHERE ALREADY, BUT THEY VOTED TO DESTROY NET NEUTRALITY. HERE'S WHAT I THINK OF IT:

First of all, what is net neutrality?

In case you don't know, it's what we have right now. It gives us the right to access websites for FREE. They decided hey, why not take it down just to screw with America? And that's exactly what they voted to do today. I don't even know how it works that well, so I had to have my smart friends explain it to me:

- The people who voted to remove it did so mostly because a majority of them will make a profit off of it

- They probably will focus more on bigger apps like Instagram, Snapchat, etc. I have no idea about Google-owned programs such as Youtube because it's pretty much up to Google (or so I was told). Wattpad might be shot down in the crossfire because it's a pretty big community.

- The applications won't be taken down, but they'll make you pay to use them. I don't know about your parents, but mine sure as hell won't pay $10 to let me read fanfiction, so if this is my last chapter, I want you guys to know how much I appreciate your support, even through my crude, slow update schedule. Thank you for all the support!

- According to my smart friends, the case still has to get to Congress, which could take months. So for now, we're safe. To be honest, I think net neutrality will definitely be canceled once it reaches Congress. More money to be made=more greedy douchebags.

So now for my take on it.

Honestly, I see where they're coming from. Net neutrality, although horrible, could actually benefit America's youth. It limits our technology and could cancel out some of the most distracting apps.

HOWEVER.

I don't see how it's reasonable to do this to EVERYONE. Not everyone needs to be restricted. Plus, we already pay money for internet plans- now they're making us pay to actually USE that internet plan? Um I think the hell not, thank you very much.

SO yeah. If this is my last chapter, I wanna thank you all for supporting this book and my crappy writing :> You guys are the best!

-Allie

P.S. If you want my Instagram (since it's probably gonna be down in a few months 🙃) it's its.allieeeeee. I am shamelessly self-promoting because Instagram's probably gonna be one of the main apps struck down by net neutrality so....what does it matter anymore :')