Chapter 39

Justin's POV

"Goodnight Alabama," I waved. "Love you guys!"

The stage lights shut off and I went side stage.

"Good show," Scooter patted my back. "You ready for this break?"

"I've been counting down. The break couldn't have come soon enough." I sighed.

"You've got 3 days. Go home, get some rest, take your mind off of things."

I nodded, "I don't want to see Shawna. I need some time alone."

"That's understandable. I'll let her know." He hugged me quickly.

"Be nice about it. I love her. I just don't want to see anyone."

He nodded and I left for the airport. When I got to LA early in the morning I went home and laid down in my bed.

I couldn't sleep but I laid there and looked at the ceiling. I thought about writing a new song but I wasn't sure how to put what I was feeling into words.

I sat up after about 2 hours of laying there and grabbed a journal and a pencil.

'Nights like this that I never ever missed you more'
'For a minute we were up but the next we were falling down'
'Is it me and did I lose control?'

All the lyrics I could write but I didn't worry about piecing it together now.

I laid back in bed and threw my journal across the room. I was angry now. I threw the pencil and I got out of bed and tore the blankets off. I went into my closet and threw all my clothes off the hangers. Tears of sadness and anger formed and I broke down in my closet, I laid on the floor and cried. Why me?

I called Scooter.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Come over." I said quietly.

He hung up and about 30 minutes later I heard the front door open.

"Justin?" Scooter said.

"I'm up here." I said loud enough for him to hear.

I heard him come in my room and he opened the closet door. He sat down next to me.

"Shawna's mad. But she understands." He said.

"I just don't want her to see me like this. I don't want anyone to. But if I didn't call you, I could've been capable of anything by now."

Scooter patted my back, "Paps are all over the neighborhood. Asking your neighbors and they tried to talk to me when I was coming over here."

"Don't talk to them." I said.

I wiped my face with both my hands and took a deep, shaky breath.

"It'll get better soon. I promised you."

"That's all you can say to me," I looked over my shoulder at him. "Because you know it's only getting worse."

"Justin you have to stay positive."

"How am I supposed to stay positive through all of this?" I sniffed.

"Just find a way." He patted my back again.

We sat there in silence for a few hours. I thought and thought and thought.

"You should go home now." I told Scooter.

"You sure? I'm kinda worried."

"Don't be, I'm fine."

"Justin, if you even think about doing anything call me first," He gave me a serious look. "Or Shawna. Just don't shut everyone out."